Regional Section

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Regional Section
I'm stealing this idea from the snowboarding one that I frequent. I think it would be a good idea to make a Regional section so people that live in the same area can make threads and post.

Would be nice to know if anyone around me visits this forum. The ultimate goal would be to have the ability to easily set up real-life meets. I wouldn't mind hanging out with some like-minded individuals for a beer and chat about the subjects I avoid with most other people I know.

This could also be an outlet for those who are completely in the closet other than posting here. They could find people in their area that they could meet up with so they can let loose.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2012, 06:57 AM
RE: Regional Section
Good idea. We shall think about it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Hey, WTF, will you people stop stealing my ideas? Jesus!

Big Grin

Anyway, I had an idea, so you can now tell me yes or no, it is a bit similar to this one, but not as much. I was thinking to open up a thread about Croatia. I would also like that thread to be locked, it is what I like to call informational thread, comments only ruin the idea, comments can be somewhere in the neighborhood. As I was saying, the thread about Croatia, more detailed, it would concern the scientific discoveries and scientists from Croatia. I am pretty positive there isn't a single person on this forum that know that zeppelin (in collaboration with mr. Zeppelin), pen, tie, torpedo and parachute were invented by Croatians, so I was thinking of gathering those kind of fun-nerd-stuff and put it all together. As you all know, Nikola Tesla was born and raised in Croatia, his mother was Croatian, if I remember it correctly.

There are tons of highly interesting historical fun-facts, so you tell me, should I do it and how should I do it? This can be implemented with NoahsFarse idea, so put into a bigger thred/subforum for Balkan region. I'm sure that some Serbs could write all sorts of interesting things about their country, as Nikola Tesla was a Serb (ethnically)...

Suggestions, comments, ideas, refusal?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Man, there's enough forums and sub forums and crap already. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
03-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I don't like the idea of a regional locked thread Filox. Not within that context. However we've been sporadically discussing a resources forum and something like that could fit in there nicely. Hold your horses and if we ever get ourselves in gear shit might be fo real.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
03-05-2012, 08:59 AM
(03-05-2012 07:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey, WTF, will you people stop stealing my ideas? Jesus!

Big Grin

Anyway, I had an idea, so you can now tell me yes or no, it is a bit similar to this one, but not as much. I was thinking to open up a thread about Croatia. I would also like that thread to be locked, it is what I like to call informational thread, comments only ruin the idea, comments can be somewhere in the neighborhood. As I was saying, the thread about Croatia, more detailed, it would concern the scientific discoveries and scientists from Croatia. I am pretty positive there isn't a single person on this forum that know that zeppelin (in collaboration with mr. Zeppelin), pen, tie, torpedo and parachute were invented by Croatians, so I was thinking of gathering those kind of fun-nerd-stuff and put it all together. As you all know, Nikola Tesla was born and raised in Croatia, his mother was Croatian, if I remember it correctly.

There are tons of highly interesting historical fun-facts, so you tell me, should I do it and how should I do it? This can be implemented with NoahsFarse idea, so put into a bigger thred/subforum for Balkan region. I'm sure that some Serbs could write all sorts of interesting things about their country, as Nikola Tesla was a Serb (ethnically)...

Suggestions, comments, ideas, refusal?
Also, you're not the only Croatian on the forum. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
03-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Yes to a regional section. But no to the sections being locked the forum should remain open to all like it always has been.
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
04-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Yes, yes, OK, it was just a suggestion from my other forum. I'll start collecting and writing facts, so whenever you feel ready... Or I can just open a normal new thread. We shall see how things develop...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Travel section? Atheist_pilgrim 2 131 13-08-2013 10:58 PM
Last Post: DeepThought
  All threads started by I&I should be moved to Conspiracy Theories Section. Revenant77x 61 1,551 22-05-2013 01:34 PM
Last Post: TheBeardedDude
  RP section My proboscis sucks 28 555 16-04-2013 11:29 PM
Last Post: bbeljefe
  We have no history section. Nappa 13 383 06-02-2013 12:11 AM
Last Post: Logisch
  New forum section request jwm2pi 1 228 11-10-2012 08:53 AM
Last Post: kingschosen
  Teen Forum Section? Atothetheist 89 1,911 20-09-2012 03:38 PM
Last Post: Vosur
  Sub-section of the Atheism/Theism forum Vosur 6 233 31-07-2012 11:46 AM
Last Post: Vosur