Regrets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Regrets
I was thinking today about my biggest regret in my life, about 10 years ago me and the family had the chance to move to Australia, my wife had a job offer in a hospital in Adelaide, and my visa was not dependent on me working, for a number of reasons we didn't go ahead.
As things have turned out I really wish we had.Sadcryface2

Any regrets of your own?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Regrets
Believing in God. I wish I could go back to my six year old self and tell myself it's all bullshit, don't believe a word they say.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-01-2017, 05:49 PM
Killing my muscles and body by WAY overdoing it with HIIT and running. I should have just gone for walks and done yoga.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
24-01-2017, 05:53 PM
(24-01-2017 05:24 PM)Manic Wrote:  I was thinking today about my biggest regret in my life, about 10 years ago me and the family had the chance to move to Australia, my wife had a job offer in a hospital in Adelaide, and my visa was not dependent on me working, for a number of reasons we didn't go ahead.

Any regrets of your own?

Fuck regret. Life's too short.

Australia still exists.

Migrate.

NZ is cool too. Nice people.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
24-01-2017, 06:14 PM
(24-01-2017 05:24 PM)Manic Wrote:  I was thinking today about my biggest regret in my life, about 10 years ago me and the family had the chance to move to Australia, my wife had a job offer in a hospital in Adelaide, and my visa was not dependent on me working, for a number of reasons we didn't go ahead.

Any regrets of your own?

Oh, plenty. Most of them due to things I didn't do (much like your non-move to Adelaide, my favourite Australlian city) rather than things I did.

The biggest, though, took place when I was eight years old.

I was walking home from school with a friend, stepped off the curb without paying attention and got creamed by a woman driving a Pontiac Parisienne. Spent 3 months in hospital, years of recuperation and surgeries, and almost 50 years later I'm reminded of it every day when I take my first steps in the morning.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
24-01-2017, 06:39 PM
It's a bit hard and personal to admit, but...

Today, I am an animal lover who even goes as far as rescuing spiders from the wrath of the swatter and adopting lizards and spending $100s in order to give them a proper home. I've even rescued a few strays off the streets (couldn't keep them though, had to take them to a no-kill shelter). I just hated seeing everyone else ignoring them, like they didn't matter. I hate people that treat animals like they're dirt.

That's the me of the last 10 years.

But as a kid? I can't believe how horrid and cruel I was and I'm never going to let myself forget it. I will never forgive myself. I killed countless critters from grasshoppers to lizards. I even hit a puppy we were raising for my grandparents with a belt. I can't believe myself. It makes me want to cry.

I get much of it wasn't intentional, or was out of curiousity, but I will never excuse myself for doing what I did. It'll never undo the hurt I've inflicted on innocents.

And so, because of this, I now strive to treat animals with the compassion, respect, and the understanding that they deserve. I wish I could blame authority figures like my dad or grandad, both who've out of anger hit or even thrown our dogs, but I am my own person. I'm accountable. And I'm never going to let it happen again.

So there, my biggest regret Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
24-01-2017, 07:02 PM

Any regrets of your own?

As an Adelaidian, you didn't miss much.

I have had a short life, but I have many regrets, though exactly what fluctuates...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-01-2017, 07:25 PM
While I can agree with the concept of not wasting time with regret, I will nonetheless acknowledge that, in hindsight, there are things I would have done differently had I the opportunity to do so.

If I had to pick one, I'd say I would have stayed active duty and not lost my clearance. Or I would have just been a scout from the beginning and skipped the quazi-spook portion of my atypical military career.

'Murican Canadian
24-01-2017, 07:26 PM
When I was 15 my mother took me to the UK for a couple of weeks. When we were in London we went to get theatre tickets at some office. She wanted me to see some great English theatre.

Anyway, while I was sitting there waiting for my mother I was sort of staring out the window and this young guy was walking down the street holding a stack of manila folders and papers. Suddenly a wind came up and the papers went everywhere. Some of them fell into the street and got run over by cars. The papers were just flying all over in the wind. They went over his head he and he was jumping up in the air trying to grab them. I felt so sorry for the guy. But did I get up and go out to help the young man Nope. I sat there and watched him run around in a panic, chasing down the papers and having a horrible time. This may have been his first job.

Then what looked like his boss happened along and started yelling at the poor guy in front of the passerbys. Then the boss went on his way leaving the young man almost in tears. But he finally gets as many papers as he could and hurried on his way looking all dejected.

By that time my mother had gotten the tickets and came over to where I was sitting and I told her what had happened and she said..."Well, why didn't you go out and help the poor guy?!"

I was just so stupid. Just so dumb. What an idiot I was. I know I was only 15 but that's no excuse.

I still regret this.

I mean, it wasn't a life threatening event. No one was drowning so I wouldn't have been saving a life or anything. But the tableau if him chasing the papers down the street and the desperation on his face plays over in my head all these years later. I've always regretting not going out and helping this person.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Fucking up some online relationships. I know online relationships can be a bad idea, though. Especially long distance.