Rehearsing for Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
RE: Rehearsing for Death
Anyone else remember the duck and cover drills? I recall quite clearly one of those drills when I was in third grade where we had to get under our desks. I think that one sticks out in my mind because prior to that I didn't realize it was a serious situation. In grades K through second it must have been made to seem like more of a game. I suppose they figured we couldn't or wouldn't comprehend the reason for the drills.

For tornadoes we were moved to inner rooms, closets, and halls...for nuclear fallout we were told to sit under our desks. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-10-2015, 06:38 PM
My kid's special needs class does have these drills.

He's ok in his class. But....

The adjacent class, some are afraid of the dark, they have developmental challenges, some are in wheelchairs and couldn't be silent if they tried.

It's terrifying.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
(05-10-2015 06:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Anyone else remember the duck and cover drills? I recall quite clearly one of those drills when I was in third grade where we had to get under our desks. I think that one sticks out in my mind because prior to that I didn't realize it was a serious situation. In grades K through second it must have been made to seem like more of a game. I suppose they figured we couldn't or wouldn't comprehend the reason for the drills.

For tornadoes we were moved to inner rooms, closets, and halls...for nuclear fallout we were told to sit under our desks. Undecided

We used to have earthquake drills. California...

But they were kinda fun like fire drills where we used to outside. Lockdown drills are totally different.

I always get advance notice of them...

When my older son was in high school they had a real lockdown.

He said it was very scary. Students were actually crying.

05-10-2015, 06:56 PM
(05-10-2015 06:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My kid's special needs class does have these drills.

He's ok in his class. But....

The adjacent class, some are afraid of the dark, they have developmental challenges, some are in wheelchairs and couldn't be silent if they tried.

It's terrifying.

My sister was a special needs teacher in a high school. I've been there, her room was literally the first one inside the front doors. Terrifying indeed.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-10-2015, 08:06 PM
My response is to the whole idea of "hide in a closet"....

It's cowardly..............

Would I put myself between a shooter and a bunch of innocent kids??

I'd like to think so...

I'd also like to think I'd whack the fucking piece of shit before he hurt anybody....

That's "option B"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Hiding in closet with 4 year olds and keeping them all calm and quiet is cowardly?

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-10-2015, 09:46 PM
(05-10-2015 08:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My response is to the whole idea of "hide in a closet"....

It's cowardly..............

Would I put myself between a shooter and a bunch of innocent kids??

I'd like to think so...

I'd also like to think I'd whack the fucking piece of shit before he hurt anybody....

That's "option B"...

Is that you John Wayne?

Is this me?

Biker, the majority of pre-k teachers aren't you. Let's look at working with reality for a moment.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
06-10-2015, 05:00 AM
The REALITY????

The reality is this shit happens and their solution is to hide in a closet.

Yes. That's fucking cowardly. It's not really even a solution.

You don't think the "lone gunman" knows to look in closets????

Now you're all herded up together and he can concentrate his gunfire.

In fact - you did him a favor -- he'll save ammo.

Locked doors?? Big deal -- a twelve gauge with birdshot will open most doors.

A teacher with a concealed carry gun -- with training - would be a better solution AND something of a deterrent.

The REASON they attack schools is "NO GUN" policies. It's safe for them to pull their cowardly attack - slaughtering lambs huddled together in the closets.

When is the last time one of these whackadoodles attacked a gun show, or a police station --- NEVER??? I wonder why.

If you could get the media to cover the training of the teachers in a big way- (without revealing the teacher's identities) - --- those "lone gunmen" would have to think twice about attacking a school.

It's not "John Wayne" -- the reality -- John Wayne was a drunk. He wasn't a hero. He was an actor.

A hero --- Liviu Librescu. Look him up.

A real man with iron balls.

He didn't hide in a fucking closet.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-10-2015, 05:09 AM
(05-10-2015 05:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Schools need armed guards, armed teachers, limited points of entry, metal detectors and brick walls around playgrounds. Yes, it will feel a bit like prison, but what else can be done? They're completely helpless and defenseless. We live in a fucked up time full of fucked up people, mental midgets, terrorists and looney toons. ISIS has sworn to make attacks on US soil. Do any of you doubt they will succeed at some point? The Newtown shooter practically gave them a step by step fucking plan. If 5 of those ISIS fucks walk into a school they could easily take out 500-1000 kids in minutes. Or a mall. Or a university. The fact is, we're not prepared for what could happen. Wake up people. Some of you all are sleeping.

The fact that you type that so easily... Schools don't need such things elsewhere on the planet.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-10-2015, 05:13 AM
(06-10-2015 05:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 05:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Schools need armed guards, armed teachers, limited points of entry, metal detectors and brick walls around playgrounds. Yes, it will feel a bit like prison, but what else can be done? They're completely helpless and defenseless. We live in a fucked up time full of fucked up people, mental midgets, terrorists and looney toons. ISIS has sworn to make attacks on US soil. Do any of you doubt they will succeed at some point? The Newtown shooter practically gave them a step by step fucking plan. If 5 of those ISIS fucks walk into a school they could easily take out 500-1000 kids in minutes. Or a mall. Or a university. The fact is, we're not prepared for what could happen. Wake up people. Some of you all are sleeping.

The fact that you type that so easily... Schools don't need such things elsewhere on the planet.

You know the problem with America??

It's full of Americans....

Smartass