Rehearsing for Death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Rehearsing for Death
(07-10-2015 10:41 AM)yakherder Wrote:  In government facilities where compartmentalized classified information is discussed, they have background music playing loud enough in the hallways to drown out any noise that might otherwise make it through the door. Maybe instead of worrying so much about keeping them quiet, which is rationally impossible, they should have a loud intercom playing random children noises all throughout the school once the alarm has been triggered.

Excellent tactical thinking....

You were paying attention in class...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2015, 02:01 PM
(05-10-2015 05:48 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Schools need armed guards, armed teachers, limited points of entry, metal detectors and brick walls around playgrounds. Yes, it will feel a bit like prison, but what else can be done? They're completely helpless and defenseless. We live in a fucked up time full of fucked up people, mental midgets, terrorists and looney toons. ISIS has sworn to make attacks on US soil. Do any of you doubt they will succeed at some point? The Newtown shooter practically gave them a step by step fucking plan. If 5 of those ISIS fucks walk into a school they could easily take out 500-1000 kids in minutes. Or a mall. Or a university. The fact is, we're not prepared for what could happen. Wake up people. Some of you all are sleeping.

As long as we are in a false war/power grab, we can't be safe. The terrorists are merely pawns and a perfect excuse to take more and more freedom from us. If it were real, the government would be controlling the borders instead of being all about making illegals legal, so more will come over the border. I say action speaks far louder than words ever could.
14-10-2015, 02:06 PM
(06-10-2015 12:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 06:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Er... I don't find it ludicrous. If you have a knife on you, you are more likely than someone who does not, to kill someone. If you have a lotto ticket, you are more likely to win the lotto than someone who doesn't *purely by default*.

I carry a knife every day for work use. When I encounter an argumentative customer, the knife doesn't enter my thinking at all.

It only changes the possibility, not the probability. The probability relies on so much more than possessing the means.

In the back of your mind, you know it is there. While I don't think of hurting anyone with mine, it is nice to know it is there. In the event someone goes on a rampage, a good stab in the right place will stop them. If unarmed, you would have to get close, punch them, and hope they drop the weapon or get knocked out. If you get an artery with your knife, they will stop. The alternative is hide and hope they get stopped before they find you.