Reiki Practitioner : What can be done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 09:25 AM
Reiki Practitioner : What can be done?
I posted a comment on the episode with Rita Swan, but I see there is only one other comment there so I'm assuming not much activity may happen there and I am posing the question here again.

Someone on NextDoor in my area is promoting their Reiki practice. Intellectually, I would like to put up a hand of opposition to this nonsense. There is also someone asking the practitioner if she works with children, so practically and morally I would like to ensure no innocents are harmed. But what can I do, if anything?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: Reiki Practitioner : What can be done?
(28-02-2016 09:25 AM)elbruelsio Wrote:  I posted a comment on the episode with Rita Swan, but I see there is only one other comment there so I'm assuming not much activity may happen there and I am posing the question here again.

Someone on NextDoor in my area is promoting their Reiki practice. Intellectually, I would like to put up a hand of opposition to this nonsense. There is also someone asking the practitioner if she works with children, so practically and morally I would like to ensure no innocents are harmed. But what can I do, if anything?

Public ridicule of Reiki is my path. I try not to miss an opportunity to do so.

Reiki is Nonsense

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-02-2016, 10:24 PM
[Image: 508b8_funny-dog-pictures-my-goodness-you...dition.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-02-2016, 10:33 PM
My chakras are tingling. I'd better go get another reiki healing Hobo

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
28-02-2016, 10:37 PM
[Image: will-smiths-concussion-doesnt-have-a-hap...118825.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
29-02-2016, 12:02 AM
(28-02-2016 09:25 AM)elbruelsio Wrote:  I posted a comment on the episode with Rita Swan, but I see there is only one other comment there so I'm assuming not much activity may happen there and I am posing the question here again.

It ain't gonna be easy. The people who would go to such a practitioner already have made up their minds that the stuff works. Therefore challenging that is gonna be an uphill struggle. Probably gonna cause some antagonism...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Next door to my house (3/4 of a mile away) there's an old church that was sold - first to some college professor -- and after he let it go into foreclosure -- to a group of "psychics" ...

The woman who runs the place is quite a piece of work -- and not in a good looking way. She's been busted a couple of times for prostitution -- as were some of her "disciples"......

They have a sign out front that says "Reiki Massage"

I always assumed "Reiki" was an old Japanese word that means "happy ending".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-02-2016, 05:39 AM

If you are in the UK then Reiki practitioners cannot make any medical-related statements and claims whatsoever. If they do, they are breaking the law. Basically, if they make claims and can't substantiate them, then you can take legal action against them or Trading Standards will.

The NHS may refer a patient, or used to, to a so-called Reiki practitioner in circumstances where the patient is beyond the help of the NHS - terminal illness. Some patients reported an increase in their well-being. Some didn't. I have no idea whether this still happens or not.

Scientific research shows that the results derived from Reiki are no better than those derived from a placebo.

The best guidance that I can offer is that if you are in the UK and if they make medical/healing claims, report them to Trading Standards.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored