Reincarnation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Reincarnation
I don't think there is reincarnation. I was curious though to see what others think about it. Is there any evidence for it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2010, 05:59 AM
RE: Reincarnation
No, there isn't, and I doubt you'll find many proponents of it here. Tongue

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2010, 06:03 AM
I hope to come back as a liger.

You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion. - L. Ron Hubbard (Creater of Scientology)
25-06-2010, 06:45 AM

Even if there was (which is impossible since the electric and chemical energy responsible for your consciousness simply dissipates through entropy when you are dead), if we are not able to recall our previous existence, what is the point of it?
Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't see how that will work, since the human population has grown, and there wouldn't be enough past souls to go around. And no, reincarnation is about as likely as going to heaven.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
25-06-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm pretty sure I was some kind of a bird in a prior life. I clearly remember flying back to a nest on a rainy day.

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I understand what you all are saying, I was kind of hoping for some evidence it would be nice to live in the future. I don't want to come off as weird but I mean science experts say we are 100 years behind technology wise. If it were not for religion holding back and slowing technological growth we would be living today like people in 100 years and people back in 1910 would be living like we are today.
25-06-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm fairly sure that there's no afterlife of any kind (reincarnation, heaven or any else), and unlike most on here i'm kinda bummed out by that fact. Personally i wouldn't mind having an eternity to study the universe and all it's wonders.
25-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah I do wish that there was an afterlife of some sort. At least by being an atheist I realize that I need to make the most of this life rather then spend it building up, and wasting it, for an afterlife in a magical kingdom such as heaven that doesn't exist.
25-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Well, that desire for an afterlife is exactly what sparked man into believing in it. It is possibly the most wonderful concept ever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Cyber-Reincarnation Egor 100 3,011 14-01-2013 12:37 PM
Last Post: kineo
  Material on Judeo-Christian reincarnation? ghostexorcist 7 504 09-01-2013 07:21 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist