Reincarnation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2012, 04:24 PM
RE: Reincarnation.
Yes, there are huge problems with the reincarnation doctrine.

(1) Identiy...... continuation in an other body hardly makes sense.

(2)We know nothing of the "betterment " of so called higher planes of existence.

(3) In Theosophy the so called Masters of Karma are said to mete out reward and punishment.

(4) The idea has been historically used by Hindus to reward the good in past lives, and punish the past evil.

(5) The whole notion of a quintessential perfect and permanent state (to be reached) is very difficult to see as making sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm with you, Mr. Woof, the concept makes as much sense as other afterlife scenarios. Something magically keeps track of what we do in life or lives, and rewards in someway or punishes by not rewarding. Maybe it's an honor system... if it is, then I'm doing fucking awesome... Still don't believe in the crap, but still doing awesome.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
1) Identity.

2) Better is absolutely relative.

3) If I could be anyone, I'd be Gwyneth Paltrow. Being born as Gwyneth; prolly wouldn't be nearly as cool, and I know I aced this class. Right now, I'd sit in front of a mirror and talk to myself as Gwynnie. They'd find me like that. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 06:19 PM
(07-03-2012 05:54 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  1) Identity.

3) If I could be anyone, I'd be Gwyneth Paltrow. Being born as Gwyneth; prolly wouldn't be nearly as cool, and I know I aced this class. Right now, I'd sit in front of a mirror and talk to myself as Gwynnie. They'd find me like that. Big Grin

Does "identity" ? transcend itself eternally in the limitless cosmos?

I agree with (2).....................Cool
07-03-2012, 06:50 PM
(07-03-2012 06:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Identity is a limit. Me and my Gwynnies needs both me and my Gwynnies; two. There ain't no point to being one; when dead then none.

4) Reincarnation sux. It ain't no kinda true other than true fiction. There's no point to it, it does not conserve.

(I meant to put 4 in above, but I wuz on my phone, and phone forum kinda sux. Tongue)

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 07:03 PM
(07-03-2012 06:50 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 06:19 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Identity is a limit. Me and my Gwynnies needs both me and my Gwynnies; two. There ain't no point to being one; when dead then none.

4) Reincarnation sux. It ain't no kinda true other than true fiction. There's no point to it, it does not conserve.

(I meant to put 4 in above, but I wuz on my phone, and phone forum kinda sux. Tongue)

May you and Gwynnies transcend the intellectual shackles of conformity......Heart
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
I actually think that it is possible that the energy (I am talking about just energy) that is released from our bodies when we die may seek out new life.

So in a way, I think that it is possible that we are and will be "reincarnated".

However, I am only talking about energy, not consciousness or "souls" or whatever.

And, if this energy would seek out a new form of life, it would likley be as easily a new blade of grass growing outside the window.

Or it may mingle with the energy released by a bird that died and power a piglet. Probably doesn't make sense for that energy not to comingle with other life energies.

And it wouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with learning or earning a better life or whatever.

It would just be that the energy that once resided in our body now resides someplace else.

Until we define where that energy actually goes, it's as good a theory as any.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Interesting point Dom, work on it!Smile
07-03-2012, 07:57 PM
(07-03-2012 07:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Until we define where that energy actually goes, it's as good a theory as any.

I think it's more like this. Smile

Breathing - it's more art than science.
08-03-2012, 03:07 AM
(07-03-2012 07:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  I actually think that it is possible that the energy (I am talking about just energy) that is released from our bodies when we die may seek out new life.
So in a way, I think that it is possible that we are and will be "reincarnated".
However, I am only talking about energy, not consciousness or "souls" or whatever.
And, if this energy would seek out a new form of life, it would likley be as easily a new blade of grass growing outside the window.
Or it may mingle with the energy released by a bird that died and power a piglet. Probably doesn't make sense for that energy not to comingle with other life energies.
And it wouldn't have anything whatsoever to do with learning or earning a better life or whatever.
It would just be that the energy that once resided in our body now resides someplace else.
Until we define where that energy actually goes, it's as good a theory as any.

I have to disagree, for the sake of logic and internal consistency. Energy is not an independent entity. It can't move around, it's a property of matter. At most, it can be radiated as EM radiation. But during the course of our life we radiate more heat, infrared and biophoton emissions than in our death.

The invisible stuff of space, dark matter, is actually most concentrated on our planet and most probably interacts with life. I say that there is a dark matter counterpart of our body. It contains energy, actually it is rather in a form of plasma than a solid form. But it is a complex, organized mechanism. Plasma allows for lots of stable structures in it due to different electric charges.
Well, and this de facto body gets released in death. It doesn't survive for long on its own, but there are other more subtle and permanent bodies that take over the job of consciousness - and eventually, reincarnation. It is a different point of view, that our true identity are the subtle bodies and not this biologic one.

This "energy body" or as I say, etheric, is measurable optically and electrically, though this is not a popular knowledge yet. It's a pity that even rational thinkers aren't familiar with it and have to resort to idle philosophies of energy.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!