Reincarnation.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: Reincarnation.

There is all too much I disagree with in your reply that it is evident we will just not agree no matter how much we try, so my one question is this.

Do you feel that Jay Alfred is a responsible, representative and reliable source of information? In other words do you think he is misleading in anyway?

EDIT
Just a side note, your link to detected particle does not work, do you have a working link?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2012, 08:05 PM
(21-03-2012 06:58 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Guess I just can't appreciate why anyone would want to go through this again? Kinda feels like qualifying exams or prelims, if I have to repeat them then I'm not getting something. ... I mean what if you were not allowed to just cease to be until you've passed your qualifying exams? That feels like what most reincarnationists are suggesting. But I passed the qualifying exams as soon as I was, just by virtue of being.

Just because someone believes in something like reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean they like the idea.
22-03-2012, 01:06 AM
(21-03-2012 08:04 PM)Phenakist Wrote:  There is all too much I disagree with in your reply that it is evident we will just not agree no matter how much we try, so my one question is this.
Of course, disagreement is the spice of life!

(21-03-2012 08:04 PM)Phenakist Wrote:  Do you feel that Jay Alfred is a responsible, representative and reliable source of information? In other words do you think he is misleading in anyway?
I thought so initially, but that might be because I'm so familiar with all this and I can skip a lot of crap when I need to. And the tests on human subjects (including you) are going badly. I should radically revise that hypothesis. If I'll ever use him as a resource, then mainly for astronomic discoveries.
You know what? Just forget him and read the journal. No matter how I look, it looks to me like a scientific journal. The experiments use scientific method, control samples, they're properly described for replication and so on.

(21-03-2012 08:04 PM)Phenakist Wrote:  EDIT
Just a side note, your link to detected particle does not work, do you have a working link?
Another copy of that article is here, if that doesn't work just google up "Dark matter: can you hear me now?"

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
22-03-2012, 01:55 PM
I believe I will be reincarnated into a level 8 Warrior-Monk-Elf-Mage from the planet Cthulhu. My proton aura is so powerful that I am about to gain paradise. All I need to do is find the flux capacitor on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is heavily guarded by dark Thetans, but I am sure that my Hindu powers are good enough a match for them.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
22-03-2012, 11:06 PM
I do strongly believe in reincarnation. I believe that we choose who were are, where we're born, and etc all to serve a certain purpose. In my theory no one will know that purpose until death, I believe that our sole purpose as humans is to keep evolving. We don't need to stop at opposable thumbs. I have the utmost respect for all other replies, all very interesting.

“My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrell
[+] 1 user Likes Misenhelter's post
23-03-2012, 05:05 AM
(22-03-2012 11:06 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  I do strongly believe in reincarnation. I believe that we choose who were are, where we're born, and etc all to serve a certain purpose. In my theory no one will know that purpose until death, I believe that our sole purpose as humans is to keep evolving. We don't need to stop at opposable thumbs. I have the utmost respect for all other replies, all very interesting.
Very well! How did you get to that belief?
Something tells me you used the method used by philosophers of ancient Greece, that is, to have an idea and see if it's internally logical, intuitive, "self-evident", and non-contradictory with what we know.

(22-03-2012 01:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I believe I will be reincarnated into a level 8 Warrior-Monk-Elf-Mage from the planet Cthulhu. My proton aura is so powerful that I am about to gain paradise. All I need to do is find the flux capacitor on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is heavily guarded by dark Thetans, but I am sure that my Hindu powers are good enough a match for them.
I'm scared by how much sense this makes. If you disregard the actual words.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
23-03-2012, 08:27 AM
(23-03-2012 05:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 01:55 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I believe I will be reincarnated into a level 8 Warrior-Monk-Elf-Mage from the planet Cthulhu. My proton aura is so powerful that I am about to gain paradise. All I need to do is find the flux capacitor on Mount Kilimanjaro. It is heavily guarded by dark Thetans, but I am sure that my Hindu powers are good enough a match for them.
I'm scared by how much sense this makes. If you disregard the actual words.

Gotta love it, eh?

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
24-03-2012, 02:59 PM
(23-03-2012 05:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(22-03-2012 11:06 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  I do strongly believe in reincarnation. I believe that we choose who were are, where we're born, and etc all to serve a certain purpose. In my theory no one will know that purpose until death, I believe that our sole purpose as humans is to keep evolving. We don't need to stop at opposable thumbs. I have the utmost respect for all other replies, all very interesting.
Very well! How did you get to that belief?
Something tells me you used the method used by philosophers of ancient Greece, that is, to have an idea and see if it's internally logical, intuitive, "self-evident", and non-contradictory with what we know.
(23-03-2012 05:05 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I got this belief through my philosophy class, as you said by the philosophers of ancient Greece. We just got done studying the ancient philosophers of Greece, which opened my mind about it all. Big Grin

“My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrell