Relationship Help??♥

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2011, 06:18 PM
RE: Relationship Help??♥
(04-11-2011 05:53 PM)Fox Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 09:35 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  & That's my problem.
I'm nervous around someone that I like.
But, I'm staying the night with her next weekend, so I guess that I should get over that, soon.

Yea, that nervousness is the worst. The same as just before giving a speech. Maybe it would be better if you didn't try and plan it out. It's not like this is your one and only chance. I agree with bemore "just CHILL and go with the flow and see what happens."
I'm of a different school of thought, because of experience (meaning I may not be "right" but I know alla kinda stuff Big Grin).

There's this girl at Albertson's down the street working the checkout. Because of what i am (science is still resolving that issue Big Grin) I do not socialize much. She was complaining to another cashier which I overheard and offered to buy her a donut...

I had that "nervousness," and I am quite sure what it is. Love, as potential rather than kinetic. I have zero interest in that girl - but because I'm me, I can say I love her (science is still working on that too - electromagnetic communication is my guess).

But "preparing to be not nervous?!?!" Did you hear the one that goes: no plan of battle survives first contact with the enemy? As far as I've seen, this is a good crew saying all kinds of good stuff - I just disagree with "hating that nervousness."

I freaking love it! Gimme MOAR! Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2011, 03:21 AM
(04-11-2011 06:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But "preparing to be not nervous?!?!" Did you hear the one that goes: no plan of battle survives first contact with the enemy? As far as I've seen, this is a good crew saying all kinds of good stuff - I just disagree with "hating that nervousness."

I understand what you're saying. Using the nervousness to get yourself "pumped up". Some people can thrive during stressful situations, get that adrenaline going. I personally do not.
You're quote brings to mind an image of standing outside a store basking in those feelings as you get ready to charge into the store and say "Hi, I want to go out with you today at 7pm!"
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fox's post
05-11-2011, 03:45 AM
Wait 'till you're 18 and marry me; it is written so in the holy scriptures (somewhere, don't recall the right passage, just have faith in me, mmkay?)

No seriously, it's hard to provide written instruction based on a short description. I'd just say, be honest about it and don't afraid to make the first move. The clock is ticking and you'll soon realize there isn't enough time to enjoy every bit of fun in life. Don't wake up as a 60yr old with a life full of regret, start enjoying now. And if stuff goes wrong, there's plenty of semi-acceptable dating material on TTA Big Grin

Good luck Wink

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
05-11-2011, 03:55 AM
(05-11-2011 03:21 AM)Fox Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 06:18 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  But "preparing to be not nervous?!?!" Did you hear the one that goes: no plan of battle survives first contact with the enemy? As far as I've seen, this is a good crew saying all kinds of good stuff - I just disagree with "hating that nervousness."

I understand what you're saying. Using the nervousness to get yourself "pumped up". Some people can thrive during stressful situations, get that adrenaline going. I personally do not.
You're quote brings to mind an image of standing outside a store basking in those feelings as you get ready to charge into the store and say "Hi, I want to go out with you today at 7pm!"
It's love, baby! Those that thrive love themselves. Am I wrong?

(I don't love myself - I love my Gwynnies; the difference is academic.) Cool

(05-11-2011 03:45 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Wait 'till you're 18 and marry me; it is written so in the holy scriptures (somewhere, don't recall the right passage, just have faith in me, mmkay?)

Man! And I got accused with flirting with this girl!

Dude, that is awesome. That's some "positive atheism" right there. If we were Christian, somebody woulda suggested some Bible Study a while back; considering this topic. Wink

05-11-2011, 05:06 AM
(05-11-2011 03:55 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Dude, that is awesome. That's some "positive atheism" right there. If we were Christian, somebody woulda suggested some Bible Study a while back; considering this topic. Wink

And if we were Muslims, she would be too old to even talk about her...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
05-11-2011, 06:32 AM
(05-11-2011 05:06 AM)Filox Wrote:  And if we were Muslims, she would be too old to even talk about her...

Smile

Actually like Islam way more than Christianity... but what you say? Prayer five times a day? No drinking!?!? Mohammed prolly knew Allah; but the rest of that flock... more lost sheep. Tongue

05-11-2011, 01:26 PM
(04-11-2011 05:53 PM)Fox Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 09:35 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  & That's my problem.
I'm nervous around someone that I like.
But, I'm staying the night with her next weekend, so I guess that I should get over that, soon.

Yea, that nervousness is the worst. The same as just before giving a speech. Maybe it would be better if you didn't try and plan it out. It's not like this is your one and only chance. I agree with bemore "just CHILL and go with the flow and see what happens."

Tis good advice. Keeping calm and having your wits about you will allow you to make clear correct choices. Being a jumpy nervous wreck will get you nowheres. Also since I have little knowledege of this particular field. My advice is limited. Sorry.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
07-11-2011, 10:00 AM

So it turned out great.

I spent the night with her on Friday & when I shut my eyes to sleep, I heard her move so I opened my eyes.
She leaned in, grabbed my head, & passionately kissed me.
It was amazing.

That night, of course, contained a lot of making-out. Wink

Not in a relationship, yet.
But, I'm definetly falling hard for her.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
07-11-2011, 10:06 AM
(07-11-2011 10:00 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  So it turned out great.

I spent the night with her on Friday & when I shut my eyes to sleep, I heard her move so I opened my eyes.
She leaned in, grabbed my head, & passionately kissed me.
It was amazing.

That night, of course, contained a lot of making-out. Wink

Not in a relationship, yet.
But, I'm definetly falling hard for her.

AND EVERY TIME I would look at you to talk to you, I'd catch you at the wrong time...
._.

I'm seriously happy that you're happy. I'd have it no other way.
I have a feeling that things'll get pretty serious. More serious than you and Zach. The whole vibe is just completely different. I hope you stay happy. Just gotta maintain that happiness, you know?
I love seeing my best friend happy. You smile more. Big Grin
07-11-2011, 10:10 AM
(07-11-2011 10:06 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  AND EVERY TIME I would look at you to talk to you, I'd catch you at the wrong time...
._.

I'm seriously happy that you're happy. I'd have it no other way.
I have a feeling that things'll get pretty serious. More serious than you and Zach. The whole vibe is just completely different. I hope you stay happy. Just gotta maintain that happiness, you know?
I love seeing my best friend happy. You smile more. Big Grin

Proper friendship.........Big Grin

Dont let anything make you fall out with each other Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post