Relationship Qualities You Look For

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: Relationship Qualities You Look For
The most important thing for me is understanding, I put toilet seat down, she puts toilet seat up. Wink

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
14-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Honesty
Intelligence

Most of the other qualities you've listed will naturally flow from those two in varying degrees.

I've found that wit is a better sign of intelligence then an IQ test.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
14-10-2017, 10:10 AM
(14-10-2017 10:04 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 10:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm sorry about your ex *hugs* I think you're a super sweet person and I know you'll find someone amazing Smile

Hug Thanks. It's what people keep telling me, but apparently my subconscious seems to disagree. (Woo, off to Confession in a few hours though, which only reinforces that nightmare's reasoning.)

Off topic: I remember going to confession at age 8 and not being able to think of anything bad I did. So I made up that I stole apples from the neighbor's tree. That was good for two confessions, because I could then confess that I lied during confession. That got me half an hour on my knees with my rosary... Confused From then on I just made shit up every Wednesday at confession and never fessed up. Maybe that was when I actually de-converted.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
14-10-2017, 10:41 AM
By my definition compatibility is the only one that matters.

Passion, honesty, money, etc

As long as both parties are cool with the situation what does it matter?
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
14-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Compatibility as something given therefore without place on checklist; it would be merged with No Religious Affiliation
Intelligence
Financially stable
Physical Attraction
Honesty
Takes good care of their appearance
Sense of Humor
Good Morals
Passion/Romance

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Well, since you asked...

1. Intelligence - Super important. No dummies.

2. Financially Stable - I just want to fit in financially with my family and social circle. I'm not looking to impress anyone.

3. Good Morals - I can't be proud of my partner if he's a douchebag.

4. Compatibility - We need to be a good team.

5. Honesty - This kind of goes with morals. My partner reflects on me, and I can't feel proud to have a partner that is regarded as a dishonest person.

6. Sense of Humor - Definitely a plus! It's six and not 1 because I'd rather have intellectual conversations with my partner than just being silly, but a sense of humor is certainly appreciated.

7. Takes good care of their appearance - I'm not so swayed by physical attraction, but a daily shower would be required.

8. Passion/Romance - It's nice once in awhile, but maintaining all that romance is tedious and time consuming. I'd rather be knocked off my socks once in awhile so those times are very special.

9. Physical Attraction - I do have preferences, but if he takes care of his appearance (is groomed, fixes broken teeth, cleans his fingernails, etc), then I'll probably get over any physical flaws if the intelligence and personality are there.

10. No Religious Affiliation - I won't be in a relationship with anyone who isn't Jewish. That's a hard-line for me. His observance level within my culture is totally negotiable.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
14-10-2017, 12:34 PM
(14-10-2017 12:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  10. No Religious Affiliation - I won't be in a relationship with anyone who isn't Jewish. That's a hard-line for me. His observance level within my culture is totally negotiable.

I think you gave something away about Tart Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
14-10-2017, 12:36 PM
I should add to mine really, my top 5 requirements,

1. Faithfulness
2. Empathy
3. Generosity
4. Flexibility
5. Strength

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
14-10-2017, 12:39 PM
(14-10-2017 12:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 12:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  10. No Religious Affiliation - I won't be in a relationship with anyone who isn't Jewish. That's a hard-line for me. His observance level within my culture is totally negotiable.

I think you gave something away about Tart Big Grin

I was raised agnostic, but culturally Jewish. My entire family is Reform, and agnostic, and I've actually found that very observant fellows bog me down with rituals that I'm not prepared to follow. I would appreciate that he can respect my observance level, and give me leeway to be a religious nut sometimes.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
14-10-2017, 12:55 PM
(14-10-2017 12:39 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(14-10-2017 12:34 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think you gave something away about Tart Big Grin

I was raised agnostic, but culturally Jewish. My entire family is Reform, and agnostic, and I've actually found that very observant fellows bog me down with rituals that I'm not prepared to follow. I would appreciate that he can respect my observance level, and give me leeway to be a religious nut sometimes.

Laugh out load

I think probably any marriage vows I assented to would have to have an escape clause - "is allowed to be totally nuts, like, legitimately round the bend, 10% of the time".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post