Relationship Workbooks or Programs?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2014, 01:50 PM
Question Relationship Workbooks or Programs?
I’m basically wondering if anyone has had any tried and true experience with any kind of online programs or relationship workbooks.
I’m really struggling in my current (long term) relationship but am having trouble communicating to him (in a way that he understands) what I need to change in order for me to feel content. I have a therapist that I see personally on a regular basis and am also finishing my masters in clinical psychology so I definitely believe in couples therapy as well but can’t REALLY afford to do both my personal therapy and couples therapy right now so I’m looking to try something at home first.
I’d like something that has some structure. Anything anyone could recommend would be much appreciated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Relationship Workbooks or Programs?
(18-11-2014 01:50 PM)QueenTit Wrote:  I’m basically wondering if anyone has had any tried and true experience with any kind of online programs or relationship workbooks.
I’m really struggling in my current (long term) relationship but am having trouble communicating to him (in a way that he understands) what I need to change in order for me to feel content. I have a therapist that I see personally on a regular basis and am also finishing my masters in clinical psychology so I definitely believe in couples therapy as well but can’t REALLY afford to do both my personal therapy and couples therapy right now so I’m looking to try something at home first.
I’d like something that has some structure. Anything anyone could recommend would be much appreciated!

I might have not ever been in on of these, but I have a website with scientific explanations.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulf...p-mistakes

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
18-11-2014, 05:38 PM
my inlaws sent me a multi DVD set from 'Focus on the Family' for a wedding gift. Dodgy

This is going to sound very corny but honestly the one that helped me understand the whole male/female communication thing was the book "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars".

it was like a light bulb went off.

for example, when my husband is stressed and trying to figure out a problem, he clams up, he "goes into his head" and thinks it over and over and over till he reaches an answer. In the meantime I am wondering why he isnt talking, in his own world, grouchy. Then he announces an answer and he is all happy again and I'm left wondering why he didnt want to talk the last week and today he is chatty. When I'm stressed I am talking thru multiple solutions trying to figure out which one will work best, often be-bopping all over mentally trying to work it, and he is bonkers because I keep changing the plan. He thinks when I announce my solutuon the problem is solved but really I am still talking my way thru possible answers, some of which I will decide arent the right ones.

if that sounds familiar-- read that book.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-11-2014, 05:44 PM
(18-11-2014 05:38 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  This is going to sound very corny but honestly the one that helped me understand the whole male/female communication thing was the book "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars".

[Image: 6icZ3.png]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-11-2014, 05:47 PM
^^^ exactly. Smile

but the book has a few more chapters too.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
18-11-2014, 06:28 PM
(18-11-2014 01:50 PM)QueenTit Wrote:  Anything anyone could recommend would be much appreciated!

ManlyGirl just kicks me in the nuts.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post