Relationship bullshit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2016, 01:41 AM
RE: Relationship bullshit
The OP was really sad to read.

Although to be fair, I couldn't marry a hardcore religious person either. I can't subject my future kids to that. I won't.

But please don't lie. It's just a recipe to bring you sadness and regret. It's a timebomb waiting to explode. A breakup can feel like grieving -- mourning a death. It will HURT. But after time, it will hurt less. And after long enough, you might even think about it less than once a week.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
24-05-2016, 03:44 AM
(23-05-2016 06:58 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I agree with everyone else. Don't fake it. As tough as it is, maybe you'll just learn to appreciate his honesty.
There's a chance that he never took you seriously about getting married before.
Does he know that you feel that strongly towards him?
Not everyone gets into a relationship with the intention of getting married. Based on what you said he seems to care about how you feel.
But it seems like if marriage is out of the question, the ball is in your court. Either move on or take it for what it's worth for now.
If I can ask, how are things now?
I hope it's possible to remain friends if the romantic part is over.
I know it's tough though.

We've talked, though not much in all actuality. Honestly I just haven't had the strength to say how it has really impacted me, we've been and have talked though and we've taken a step back from anything romantic, or that would insinuate a relationship. He's still the same old sweet guy but there is a underlying tenseness between us and just kind of confusion. He's said to me that even though he did consider me a girlfriend in some aspect and was loyal to me in that regard he has had own personal confusion about the definiteness of our relationship and really didn't think I felt as strongly as I did. I think the entire situation manifested itself over prolonged miscommunication, unknowingly albeit.

While the situation of "us" didn't in anyway go in the way I had been planning, I've accepted it to a degree. Although I won't deny I am slightly resentful towards him, the people here really made me think logically in a emotionally tense situation and I appreciate that. I've thought deeply about it and realized that I'd quite rather not give up my fundamental opinions Drinking Beverage
[+] 3 users Like Holle03's post
24-05-2016, 04:03 AM
(24-05-2016 03:44 AM)Holle03 Wrote:  
(23-05-2016 06:58 PM)edbaldwin Wrote:  I agree with everyone else. Don't fake it. As tough as it is, maybe you'll just learn to appreciate his honesty.
There's a chance that he never took you seriously about getting married before.
Does he know that you feel that strongly towards him?
Not everyone gets into a relationship with the intention of getting married. Based on what you said he seems to care about how you feel.
But it seems like if marriage is out of the question, the ball is in your court. Either move on or take it for what it's worth for now.
If I can ask, how are things now?
I hope it's possible to remain friends if the romantic part is over.
I know it's tough though.

We've talked, though not much in all actuality. Honestly I just haven't had the strength to say how it has really impacted me, we've been and have talked though and we've taken a step back from anything romantic, or that would insinuate a relationship. He's still the same old sweet guy but there is a underlying tenseness between us and just kind of confusion. He's said to me that even though he did consider me a girlfriend in some aspect and was loyal to me in that regard he has had own personal confusion about the definiteness of our relationship and really didn't think I felt as strongly as I did. I think the entire situation manifested itself over prolonged miscommunication, unknowingly albeit.

While the situation of "us" didn't in anyway go in the way I had been planning, I've accepted it to a degree. Although I won't deny I am slightly resentful towards him, the people here really made me think logically in a emotionally tense situation and I appreciate that. I've thought deeply about it and realized that I'd quite rather not give up my fundamental opinions Drinking Beverage

Your you, never let anyone change that. The moment you change anything about you, you stop being you which makes things less genuine and authentic. Your great just the way you are and if someone cannot accept that then it's not worth your time.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post