Relative Wealth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 06:07 PM
RE: Relative Wealth
I thought you looked familiar. And, you and I look like every other middle class family in the US and probably most of the UK too.

My retirement plan involves hitting the lottery.

Twice.

I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
19-02-2015, 06:10 PM
(19-02-2015 06:07 PM)BnW Wrote:  I thought you looked familiar. And, you and I look like every other middle class family in the US and probably most of the UK too.

My retirement plan involves hitting the lottery.

Twice.

Greedy.

I only need one hit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-06-2018, 01:48 PM
I've heard many stories about people who leave a big city, live somewhere on the beach practically in boxes and are absolutely happy. On the other hand, I've heard of people who live in apartments or houses and have a high level of income. But it takes them two hours each way to get to work, and their whole life consists of travelling to work, working, and sleeping. So, want to or not, you start to think that all these riches together with the "standard of living" and the rest of it is too relative. Some can be completely happy even in a hut))
[+] 1 user Likes Charlie Green's post
28-06-2018, 01:58 PM
(28-06-2018 01:48 PM)Charlie Green Wrote:  I've heard many stories about people who leave a big city, live somewhere on the beach practically in boxes and are absolutely happy. On the other hand, I've heard of people who live in apartments or houses and have a high level of income. But it takes them two hours each way to get to work, and their whole life consists of travelling to work, working, and sleeping. So, want to or not, you start to think that all these riches together with the "standard of living" and the rest of it is too relative. Some can be completely happy even in a hut))

Don't trust anecdotes. People living in cardboard boxes are often miserable drug addicts with health problems, who live in fear of the police and other people who harass them.