Relative says I can't wear atheist t-shirts in his house.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2017, 05:31 PM
RE: Relative says I can't wear atheist t-shirts in his house.
(10-01-2017 11:40 AM)RWulfgar Wrote:  I have a relative who is telling me he's so offended by my atheist t-shirt that I'm not allowed to wear it in his home anymore, or any other kind of atheist t-shirt.

Someone here mentioned "A rebellious stage". Well I am not rebellious, just honest. Also tired of these fools. I also think xianity and its like attracts the worst of humanity.

I would avoid this relative like the plague. Fuck 'em!

Send him an email of your friend, me, wearing this T shirt.

[Image: 20161113_113201-1_zpse68ix7ph.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
10-01-2017, 05:32 PM
For a bunch of militant atheists we aren't doing much for the cause here!
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
10-01-2017, 05:36 PM
(10-01-2017 05:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  For a bunch of militant atheists we aren't doing much for the cause here!
Consider

We have a cause?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
10-01-2017, 05:38 PM
Banjo I love you so much, man. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
10-01-2017, 05:45 PM
I gotta tell ya bud, I'm in your corner. I'm a little surprised at some of the reactions from our members on this one. If someone loves me, they love me for who I am. If I'm an atheist who likes to wear atheist shirts (and I am) then you either accept me for who I am or you can go suck a fart.

In your case, this guy confronts you, an adult, and says your shirts offend him and you're not allowed to wear them there. I would tell him if he wants to see me, he has to accept me for who I am, and if not, then he isn't worth your time. I'm sure your uncle doesn't have the market on all of the family get-togethers so you'll still be able to see them. I also would be proactive and inform the family that this fucker is black balling you because of your worldview and fashion choices. While it's his house, he is hurting the family as a whole and keeping them from seeing you. You should be just as offended by his actions as he is by your trivial shirt, so it would seem you are at an impasse. If your family loves you and respects you then they will apply pressure to this narrow-minded asshole and solve the problem for you.

If he can't accept you for who you are, then fuck him. Everyone on here would say the same thing if he were merely a friend, but because it's an uncle and family is slightly involved they all of a sudden tell you to not be who you are and to pick your battles? Bullshit! Stand your ground and make him understand he's offending you worse than your shirt offends him.

Or, you could go to his house, wear an "acceptable" shirt and then make EVERY conversation about how ridiculous his religion and irrational beliefs are.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
10-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Get one of ours, and pretend it's from some space movie Tongue

[Image: The+Thinking+Atheist.png]

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-01-2017, 05:47 PM
(10-01-2017 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Or this Laugh out load

Or this. Thumbsup

[Image: anarchist2_zpsajgmo4sz.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-01-2017, 06:04 PM
(10-01-2017 05:36 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 05:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  For a bunch of militant atheists we aren't doing much for the cause here!
Consider

We have a cause?

Is "just 'cause" a good enough cause? Consider

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
10-01-2017, 06:14 PM
(10-01-2017 12:06 PM)RWulfgar Wrote:  You're so right, figure out what's best for the long term. I already know what that it is and it's sticking to my guns. Standing up for the right to free speech. What I need is the persuasive argument for that, or to turn the tables and show him that what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Should I tell him he can't come on my property because of something he wears?

No, tell him he can't set foot on your property because you're offended by bigots. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-01-2017, 06:16 PM
I was taught to respect the rules of another person's home. I see your choices as finding another shirt to wear when you go there or don't go there.

It's not about standing up for a 'cause', it's about respecting another person's home.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post