Relative says I can't wear atheist t-shirts in his house.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: Relative says I can't wear atheist t-shirts in his house.
This is an odd thread in this section.

It's like Judge Judy.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2017, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 10:52 PM by EvolutionKills.)
It his property, so his rules (within reason).

Honestly? If I knew that they had a such an incredible beef with my clothing that they threatened to ban me from their home? If they're so insecure in their faith that a little T-shirt mockery gets their shit so thoroughly ruined? I wound't want to be there anyways. And if anyone questioned why I wasn't at the big family get together, I'd let them know that the host was so intimidated by my choice of silly T-shirts, that they had forbade me from entering their property.

When I used to live with my father and step mother while attending college, I didn't have any silly atheist T-shirts, but they did have the house covered in Christian paraphernalia. The really bad stuff was the kitchen cork bulletin board, where they pinned up really ignorant and hateful anti-atheist tripe from Facebook. After passing by it day in and day out for months, it eventually came to a head and I said something about it. I even remember the exact bullshit meme.

This wonderful piece of uncritical tripe right here...

[Image: atheism.png]

So in line with their passive-aggressive bullshit, I took a post-it note and wrote 'This is bullshit, and if you care, I can explain why', and pinned it over top that. They cared all right, but not to hear what I said, they only cared about chewing me out because I hurt their feelings. From that day forward I knew I was a second class citizen in my own home, that my perspective was not welcome, that my opinions were of a lesser value. I was not an equal, and that was made abundantly clear.

It's his house, his rules. I'm in no rush to return there in protestation, because I don't feel welcome there. Now I moved out years ago, but that place stopped being home long before I moved out.

TL;DR - If someone cannot handle a silly T-shirt, I'd want nothing to do with them anyways. If you don't dig being an introvert, sorry I don't have better advice for you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2017, 04:38 AM
I always found shitting on someone's carpet was a sure sign I'd never be invited back.

Mind you, I only tried it twice.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
14-01-2017, 07:11 AM
No athiest tshirts? Baphomet tshirts it is!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Make him feel weak by telling him you'll respect his safe space.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post