Relativists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: Relativists
Many people have a hard time putting philosophical arguments in their proper context.

Relativism is true. That doesn't mean you can believe whatever you want and have it reflect reality as accurately as other beliefs, it only means it is possible to do so.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
(23-10-2014 02:29 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "You can't know anything, all fact is only opinion. Therefore my world view is correct and yours isn't."

Is there any way to deal with these people other than telling them to jump out of a window and see if gravity is an opinion? That is literally all I have to say to them, but it doesn't feel funny enough.

Tell them that the statement they just made is opinion and therefor untrue.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
06-11-2014, 09:18 PM
(05-11-2014 10:41 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 02:29 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  "You can't know anything, all fact is only opinion. Therefore my world view is correct and yours isn't."

Is there any way to deal with these people other than telling them to jump out of a window and see if gravity is an opinion? That is literally all I have to say to them, but it doesn't feel funny enough.

Tell them that the statement they just made is opinion and therefor untrue.

I've tried that before, but they exclude themselves from the rules they set for the universe, so it generally only gets the "You're just in my imagination, I don't have to listen to you" or the "that's just your opinion that this is my opinion" stuff :L

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
08-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Relativism and nihilism have merits up to a certain point, they become insane when used to claim that objective reality does not exist at all.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!