Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Religion
The problem I have with religion is that nothing is ever new. Religion is about constant convincing someone to believe this or that. Whether you use the bible or some other so-called holy book, the same rules apply---you have to believe this! To which I say, no you don't. I would rather think freely instead of being conditioned all the time by a preacher, followers, and books. Science opens the mind through observation and experimentation. Whereas, religion closes the mind through conditioning, hearsay, and proaganda.

Rolleyes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2012, 10:59 AM
RE: Religion
I don't like religion because of the silly hats.

And also because of the obvious dubious nature of it's different doctrines.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Ironic post, given that even religion says there is nothing new under the sun. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
10-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Halos, the goofy-ass Pope hat, Sister Bertrille...

The silly hats might be the one thing about religion I actually like. Angel

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
I think back in the day man + fancy hat was a potent symbol of authoritay. Nowadays we're more inclined to look under the hat to see if there's a brain there... And 90% of the time... Nice paintwork but no horses... been that way for a long time.
12-06-2012, 04:35 AM
I hate that I rarely ever get an answer to my questions that makes sense, it simply bugs the god out of me.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
13-06-2012, 04:07 AM
The problem I have with it, well one of the many problems I have with it is that it could do so much good, and yet totally fails to do anything even remotely close to even be aware of the concept of good.

I could leave it at that but so many will go “like what?” so here is one of the more recent ones…

The pope, the shifty looking deviant, went to Africa to let them know that AIDS and the fact they can’t feed their offspring is a much better outcome than using condoms in the eyes of Super Pretend Sky Dude!

Anyone here sponsor a child in Africa? Swap to a child in Vietnam, better odds of success.

What if he went and said “We have a problem of unprecedented proportions, I believe that condoms are a necessary evil (got to keep the lie going remember) but if they are not being used we will face a massive loss of people. And this must be prevented.”

But no, he didn’t, preferring to condemn so many to death. Nothing new for the Catholic Church, or any other church for that matter.

There are more, so many more… Things like the suppression of technology, medical research and procedures. The wonderful job the Catholic Church did of helping the Nazis and more recently their own priests escape justice. The way it has slunk into schools to propagate the lies to further their own cause. The way it has tax free status and then has the balls to involve itself in politics.

The lies, the fucking endless lies that they constantly spew out of every orifice and then with hand on that stupid fucking reedited and mistranslated book do they dare to say how THEY are the moral foundation that helps and forgives regardless?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post