Religion Foreshadowing Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Religion Foreshadowing Science
(25-11-2013 04:17 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 03:55 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Making eleven posts is spamming you troll.

NO matter how much it is a necessary part of keeping up your own self-delusion, you can't just make up your own definitions of words and expect to be able to impose them on the rest of the world.

The most evil 16 year old hippy-esque SBNR is come to impose his faith! Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2013, 04:21 PM
(25-11-2013 04:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Yay thanks to them we now have a pissing contest which I'm terrible at and no discussion. Smile

There was a discussion?

...more like an invitation from TTT to watch him mentally masturbate.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
25-11-2013, 04:22 PM
(25-11-2013 04:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 04:13 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Yay thanks to them we now have a pissing contest which I'm terrible at and no discussion. Smile

There was a discussion?

...more like an invitation from TTT to watch him mentally masturbate.

I guess that makes you a voyeurist, persisting to watch after being told to leave.
[+] 1 user Likes The_Thinking_Theist's post
25-11-2013, 04:24 PM
(25-11-2013 04:19 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 04:17 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  NO matter how much it is a necessary part of keeping up your own self-delusion, you can't just make up your own definitions of words and expect to be able to impose them on the rest of the world.

The most evil 16 year old hippy-esque SBNR is come to impose his faith! Drinking Beverage

[Image: jerkoff.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
30-11-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 07:48 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(25-11-2013 10:35 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  (I absolutely despise it when people say "your god" - flatter me and say "God" with a capital "G")
HA HA what's that ? FYI i come from a country of a million Gods so yeah there's nothing at the moment which can make your carpenter/jewish zombie God Stand up in the dense crowd of Gods XD
Quote:He is both omniscient and omnipotent.
how do you solve the paradox sherlock ??

Possibilities are infinite so its literally and logically impossible to know everything thus omniscience is impossible even in a sense of an abstract concept.

If your God is Omnipotent can he make something so strong that can overpower himself ?? if he cannot then God's not omnipotent if he can he still isn't and just like omniscience its also impossible as an abstract concept. like a square circle.

And besides how can your God be "All loving" with so much suffering huh ? that's seriously not "All loving" in my opinion.
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
01-12-2013, 11:34 AM
(30-11-2013 03:53 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 10:35 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  (I absolutely despise it when people say "your god" - flatter me and say "God" with a capital "G")
HA HA what's that ? FYI i come from a country of a million Gods so yeah there's nothing at the moment which can make your carpenter/jewish zombie God Stand up in the dense crowd of Gods XD
Quote:He is both omniscient and omnipotent.
how do you solve the paradox sherlock ??

Possibilities are infinite so its literally and logically impossible to know everything thus omniscience is impossible even in a sense of an abstract concept.

If your God is Omnipotent can he make something so strong that can overpower himself ?? if he cannot then God's not omnipotent if he can he still isn't and just like omniscience its also impossible as an abstract concept. like a square circle.

And besides how can your God be "All loving" with so much suffering huh ? that's seriously not "All loving" in my opinion.

I'm not a Christian. And I only thought the Indic religions had 145,000 Gods or so? And aren't many of them avatars or Devas? And how could God not be all loving with all the compassion in the world?
01-12-2013, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 11:54 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(01-12-2013 11:34 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I'm not a Christian.
Then what you a deist ? eitherway you haven't really provided any info about "your" god much less demanding me to use capital "G"
Quote:And I only thought the Indic religions had 145,000 Gods or so?
Pardon me for using hyperbole to state my point,now would you tell me how can you fix omnipotence&omniscience paradox ?

And more to the point.. how the hell do you know that "your" god is omnipotent&omniscient ? where in the bloody hell are you deriving these specifics from ?
Quote:And aren't many of them avatars or Devas?
Yes but they are considered alter egos of Gods or split personalities.
Quote:And how could God not be all loving with all the compassion in the world
that's selective/partial loving.. not "ALL" loving.. for it to be "ALL LOVING" there has to be love&peace everywhere whereas it is not the case here.
01-12-2013, 11:54 AM
(01-12-2013 11:50 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 11:34 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I'm not a Christian.
Then what you a deist ? eitherway you haven't really provided any info about "your" god much less demanding me to use capital "G"
Quote:And I only thought the Indic religions had 145,000 Gods or so?
Pardon me for using hyperbole to state my point,now would you tell me how can you fix omnipotence&omniscience paradox ?

And more to the point.. how the hell do you know that "your" god is omnipotent&omniscient ? where in the bloody hell are you deriving these specifics from ?
Quote:And aren't many of them avatars or Devas?
Yes but they are considered alter egos of Gods or split personalities.
Quote:And how could God not be all loving with all the compassion in the world
that's partial loving.. not "ALL" loving.. for it to "ALL LOVING" there has to be love&peace everywhere whereas it is not the case here.
You're wasting your breathTongue let it go, its gonna be like domesticating zebra.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
01-12-2013, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2013 12:05 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(01-12-2013 11:54 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You're wasting your breathTongue let it go, its gonna be like domesticating zebra.
[Image: zeb.png] It is possible.

Anything's possible.Thumbsup [Image: article-0-0D17345C000005DC-85_634x434.jpg]
01-12-2013, 12:05 PM
(01-12-2013 12:00 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(01-12-2013 11:54 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You're wasting your breathTongue let it go, its gonna be like domesticating zebra.
[Image: zeb.png] It is possible.

So that's what happens if you don't use old spice.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".