Religion Foreshadowing Science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2013, 10:27 AM
RE: Religion Foreshadowing Science
(25-11-2013 10:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 08:31 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Since God is the God of science and is Nature's God, all science is through Him revealed to us.

That's so cute. Got any evidence?

I've had it with you. [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNLxtBKTMxvSOicLlj9gV...Whyx-pf-9u]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2013, 10:31 AM
(25-11-2013 10:22 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  And you know I cannot answer those questions..

Exactly! Who are we to dismiss the validity of texts we do not know enough about?

I'm glad you caught that.
25-11-2013, 10:33 AM
(25-11-2013 08:31 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Since God is the God of science and is Nature's God, all science is through Him revealed to us.
Please Define "God" before blurting it out every now and then like a frog.

Is your "god" omniscient&omnipotent or not ? if so then tell me how to fix the paradoxes related with it.
25-11-2013, 10:35 AM
(25-11-2013 10:33 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
Please Define "God" before blurting it out every now and then like a frog.

Is your "god" omniscient&omnipotent or not ? if so then tell me how to fix the paradoxes related with it.

(I absolutely despise it when people say "your god" - flatter me and say "God" with a capital "G")

He is both omniscient and omnipotent.
25-11-2013, 10:42 AM
(25-11-2013 09:16 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I bet if you meditated beneath a tree for 43 hours until you could literally see your own soul you'd feel differently. Drinking Beverage

Already covered that, champ:
(23-11-2013 05:03 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If you're going to be supposing an external and verifiable interaction beyond worthless personal subjective experience, you're going to have to propose a definite positive testable claim with falsifiability criteria. And then test it.

Then and only then one might be able to begin to take such nebulously ill-defined meaningless claims seriously.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-11-2013, 10:42 AM
(25-11-2013 07:43 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(24-11-2013 10:39 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Religion was a precursor to science, it did not however foreshadow science. Religion is created to explain what we do not understand, and in this it shares the barest of similarities with science. Unfortunately religion builds great edifices upon assumptions, myth making, political control; and then codifies everything as unquestionable dogma. Science questions everything, even it own conclusions; and thus is in a near constant state of flux created by it's continuous self improvement.

Religion assumes the answers and seeks to assert itself, science always questions and seeks to disprove itself. This is the core of their ideological separation, and why the later succeeds at the expense of the former.

Exactly! But what of the mentions of planets orbiting in the Qu'ran, the notions of parallel universes in the Mahayana Brahmajala Sutra (again, not sure), and the foreshadowing of political phenomenon in the New Testament? Do you think that it was a coincidence; that they where bound to get some things right?

The existence of other non-star celestial bodies were know to the Greeks (much like the fact the Earth was not flat), so their mention in the Qu'ran is less than impressive. Parallel universes, much like string theory, are nothing more than mathematically elegant mental gymnastics; both are unfortunately beyond the reach of experimentation or verification by science. In other words, they are purely speculative. Any foreshadowing in the New Testament is so vague as to be so open to interpretation as to be utterly pointless. Anyone who writes down sizable amount of bullshit vaguely enough who has a sufficient amount people buy into it unquestionable will find that some of them have enough conformation bias to selectively interpret the passages as favorably as possible in hindsight.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-11-2013, 10:43 AM
(25-11-2013 10:22 AM)PursuingTruth Wrote:  Psssh I have no agenda.. I just challenged prior beliefs in my usual badly phrased methods. (plus I think I posted whilst under the influence once or twice)

K then. You can be a zero. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2013, 10:43 AM
(25-11-2013 10:35 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  He is both omniscient and omnipotent.

Those are logically incoherent concepts.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
25-11-2013, 10:44 AM
*cough*

I'm starting to feel like you're ignoring it on purpose, TTT.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-11-2013, 10:49 AM
(25-11-2013 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-11-2013 10:35 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  He is both omniscient and omnipotent.

Those are logically incoherent concepts.

Drinking Beverage

How dare you bring logic into this. Angry

(25-11-2013 10:44 AM)Vosur Wrote:  *cough*

I'm starting to feel like you're ignoring it on purpose, TTT.

Yabut. Nobody likes you. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post