Religion Limits My Freedom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Religion Limits My Freedom
I hate how much the activities I can do is limited by religion!

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for me to express this it's just on the inside I'M RAGING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

My mother, a pastor, won't let me so A LOT of things because of this f***ing religion s**t! And forgive me if this is offensive but my mother is so DUMB!! She told me that not everything in this world is science and I was like, "What?! Everything around IS science!" She would then continue babbling about spiritual stuff and s**t like that!

Like I said, my freedom is limited because of religion. I can't hang out with my friends because they are worldly unbelievers.*

*my family's born again christian and they think that they're the only ones right so even if you're a christian but is a catholic or an adventist or trinitarian type of christian, you're still considered to them as unbeliever.

I can't enjoy karaoke because the songs there are not christian therefore it's worldly and is the devil. I must not even look at pictures of my friends in facebook that they went to beautiful beaches because it displays jealousy and I'm jealous of worldly people which makes it really really bad. (Fucked up isn't it? I know, I know.) I should not be dreaming of enjoying my life in those ways because the only enjoyment I should aspire is that enjoyment in the (in a mocking voice) "presence of the lord where a true christian should only enjoy~"

WHAT FULL OF CRAP!!

It sucks! What would I suppose to enjoy, being at church crying and screaming like a crazy person with my hands up high and jumping, being slain on the floor and rolling like a person needed to be taken to the mental hospital?

THIS! This is exactly why I now refuse to be a christian because IT'S FULL OF SHIT AND SHITTY NONSENSE! Why can't we live life like it's the only one we have because DUH? It is the only one we have. Christians waste it on serving an imaginary friend who is nowhere to be found and wouldn't even show up!

Again, I apologize if I'm raging over here. Please do tell me if I broke any forum rules I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys! I know you guys can understand, especially those who were christians before. Love y'all! Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GuiltyAngel's post
09-04-2013, 03:25 AM
RE: Religion Limits My Freedom
Whatever restrictions mom put on you are not very effective as evidenced by you being able to post here.

Even some atheist parents restict what sites they allow their children to visit. Religion isn't limiting your freedom.....mom is.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
09-04-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 03:43 AM by Luminon.)
Don't want to sound like a smart aleck, but (that's what I am and) your mom is using theology incorrectly. She needs to read her Bible and not just do what an ego-tripping pastor would do, alike a richly clad Pharisee that the Dark one tempts the prideful hearts to become. No

(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  Like I said, my freedom is limited because of religion. I can't hang out with my friends because they are worldly unbelievers.*
What da fuck? Jesus hung out with tax collectors, harlots and whole crowds of worldly unbelievers. That's how it's done, showing the divine example and making an impression on the unbelievers with your tolerance! Then he told his disciples to go out into the world even more, to totally unbeliever cities where they had exactly zero Christians. You don't spread the truth and morality by staying at home, locked up like Lazarus in a tomb, right? Angel

(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I can't enjoy karaoke because the songs there are not christian therefore it's worldly and is the devil.
What? Tell your mom to look up the Song of songs. That's worldly yet biblical. Tell your mom if science is not everything, then neither is logic.

(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I must not even look at pictures of my friends in facebook that they went to beautiful beaches because it displays jealousy and I'm jealous of worldly people which makes it really really bad. (Fucked up isn't it? I know, I know.)
WTF? Does your mother remember what was St. Paul's job? He used to sail for years around the countless Greek islands, spreading the Word. Does your mom realize how many beautiful beaches he visited? And what about John from the island of Patmos, he surely did have a soak between writing down his hallucinatory visions. Wink

(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I should not be dreaming of enjoying my life in those ways because the only enjoyment I should aspire is that enjoyment in the (in a mocking voice) "presence of the lord where a true christian should only enjoy~"

It sucks! What would I suppose to enjoy, being at church crying and screaming like a crazy person with my hands up high and jumping, being slain on the floor and rolling like a person needed to be taken to the mental hospital?
But the Lord is omnipresent! You can go anywhere and yet be in presence of the Lord. The whole world is His creation and you need to go and celebrate it in the full glory of summer bloom and winter snowflakes. It's important that He's in your heart. (~ in a mocking voice, of course) Angel
It's Satan who must like to keep us a dark place full of screaming people and non-living, man-made idols and symbols of torture. Dodgy

(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  THIS! This is exactly why I now refuse to be a christian because IT'S FULL OF SHIT AND SHITTY NONSENSE! Why can't we live life like it's the only one we have because DUH? It is the only one we have. Christians waste it on serving an imaginary friend who is nowhere to be found and wouldn't even show up!

Again, I apologize if I'm raging over here. Please do tell me if I broke any forum rules I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys! I know you guys can understand, especially those who were christians before. Love y'all! Heart
Amen sister! Heart We thank you for your story. Now let's yell our hearts out some more, then sing the song from Darwin's book and give our thanks to Science before the Sunday brunch.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
[+] 5 users Like Luminon's post
09-04-2013, 03:43 AM
(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I hate how much the activities I can do is limited by religion!

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for me to express this it's just on the inside I'M RAGING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry

My mother, a pastor, won't let me so A LOT of things because of this f***ing religion s**t! And forgive me if this is offensive but my mother is so DUMB!! She told me that not everything in this world is science and I was like, "What?! Everything around IS science!" She would then continue babbling about spiritual stuff and s**t like that!

Like I said, my freedom is limited because of religion. I can't hang out with my friends because they are worldly unbelievers.*

*my family's born again christian and they think that they're the only ones right so even if you're a christian but is a catholic or an adventist or trinitarian type of christian, you're still considered to them as unbeliever.

I can't enjoy karaoke because the songs there are not christian therefore it's worldly and is the devil. I must not even look at pictures of my friends in facebook that they went to beautiful beaches because it displays jealousy and I'm jealous of worldly people which makes it really really bad. (Fucked up isn't it? I know, I know.) I should not be dreaming of enjoying my life in those ways because the only enjoyment I should aspire is that enjoyment in the (in a mocking voice) "presence of the lord where a true christian should only enjoy~"

WHAT FULL OF CRAP!!

THIS! This is exactly why I now refuse to be a christian because IT'S FULL OF SHIT AND SHITTY NONSENSE! Why can't we live life like it's the only one we have because DUH? It is the only one we have. Christians waste it on serving an imaginary friend who is nowhere to be found and wouldn't even show up!

I hear you.

Christianity always has been and always will be about POWER.

That is why it was first dreamt up. The Roman government created it to try to control Jews who were dreaming of starting another war against them.

Christianity keeps plebs bowing down to priests, popes and kings, adolescents obeying their parents, and women doing what their husbands tell them. It exists to control the little people, the commoners, the weak, the ones the powerful earn a living off.

All talk about spirituality, morals and ethics is just floss designed to disguise the above.

Your mum is using Christianity to control you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2013, 03:48 AM
(09-04-2013 03:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Whatever restrictions mom put on you are not very effective as evidenced by you being able to post here.

Even some atheist parents restict what sites they allow their children to visit. Religion isn't limiting your freedom.....mom is.

Wrong! Mum is using religion to control junior. Think about it.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2013, 03:51 AM
(09-04-2013 02:52 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I hate how much the activities I can do is limited by religion!

WHAT FULL OF CRAP!!

Well one thing you can do to limit the amount of control over your life that your mother has is to move out. As long as you are living in her house she will have a degree of control. I realise that moving out might not be an option yet (you said you were a student) but this should motivate you into finding roommates a part time job a place you can afford. Once your out of her house she basically can't have any control over you that you don't allow her to have.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-04-2013, 03:51 AM
I don't know how old you are, but why not just defy your mother, what's the worst that could happen?

I mean, like if she says you can't sin a certain song, when you sing karaoke, why not just do it anyway?
09-04-2013, 03:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 03:55 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(09-04-2013 03:48 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 03:25 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Whatever restrictions mom put on you are not very effective as evidenced by you being able to post here.

Wrong! Mum is using religion to control junior. Think about it.

I agree...mum is controlling the child. Think about what you wrote. Religion may be the tool of the responsible party, but blaming religion is like blaming spoons for making someone fat.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
09-04-2013, 03:54 AM
(09-04-2013 03:51 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 03:48 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Wrong! Mum is using religion to control junior. Think about it.

I agree...mum is controlling the child. Think about what you wrote.....do you think spoons make people fat?

No but the whip does make the taskmasters wish a bit more immediate.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-04-2013, 04:02 AM
(09-04-2013 03:51 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 03:48 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Wrong! Mum is using religion to control junior. Think about it.

I agree...mum is controlling the child. Think about what you wrote. Religion may be the tool of the responsible party, but blaming religion is like blaming spoons for making someone fat.

Mum is using a purpose built tool to achieve control. It's no spoon. It's nasty stuff.