Religion Limits My Freedom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 08:11 AM
RE: Religion Limits My Freedom
(09-04-2013 07:25 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 03:51 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  I don't know how old you are, but why not just defy your mother, what's the worst that could happen?

I mean, like if she says you can't sin a certain song, when you sing karaoke, why not just do it anyway?

I'm 21 on October but please take note, I'm ASIAN. You have no idea how worst asian parents can get when you defy them.

Then I ask again, what is the worst that can happen?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2013, 05:26 PM
At least you can break free.

Think of your poor mum...she has to live with herself...and her god.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2013, 08:54 PM
(09-04-2013 08:11 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 07:25 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  I'm 21 on October but please take note, I'm ASIAN. You have no idea how worst asian parents can get when you defy them.

Then I ask again, what is the worst that can happen?

It's already explained in the first post. You could just read it there. Point is, she won't let me do a lot of things because of religion. I should find my enjoyment in "serving" the lord.
09-04-2013, 08:56 PM
(09-04-2013 05:26 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  At least you can break free.

Think of your poor mum...she has to live with herself...and her god.

She won't really be that pitiful. My dad's by her side, the WHOLE church is with her. Sometimes I think that some of the people in church are just with her because she's the one in authority. I have heard rumors against her though. I feel sad for my mom. I love her of course but sometimes, she's just too much.
09-04-2013, 09:04 PM

The only thing your guilty of is logic in the face of irrationality. Im glad you realized that your surrounded by idiots. Born agains make me want to punch holes in walls
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes That Icelandic's post
09-04-2013, 09:38 PM
(09-04-2013 08:54 PM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 08:11 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Then I ask again, what is the worst that can happen?

It's already explained in the first post. You could just read it there. Point is, she won't let me do a lot of things because of religion. I should find my enjoyment in "serving" the lord.

You might relate to this...

Religion Replacing Love
“I could never feel really loved and cared for by Jesus. Intellectually I believed that he loved me, but I needed someone to hug me and tell me that I was important. If my own parents couldn’t or wouldn’t do that, why would Jesus? I wanted physical nurturing, not just some fantasy of love. But, because my parents were neglecting their children supposedly for God’s work and to save people from going to hell, how could I complain or ask for more of their time without feeling terribly guilty?”
—Nick, the son of a minister

There’s nothing more crucial to a child’s emotional development than natural love and affection from parents and family. Some parents employ religion to compensate for what’s lacking in their own repertoire of interpersonal and parenting skills. Unable to appropriately deal with emotions, they use prayer as a substitute, presuming that their children will benefit from a “personal relationship with Jesus,” and in doing so push them away. Children feel rejected, as they assume they aren’t good enough for their parents.

Fundamentalist families can be unaffectionate, lacking fun, spontaneity and laughter. The expression of positive emotions is suppressed. There isn't enough “realness” and self-confidence to freely give the hugs, compliments, and unconditional love that children so desperately crave and need. They become burdened with self-esteem issues and difficulty expressing affection to others. This is a denial of the bonds that have held human families and societies together throughout the ages.

The faith is as much at fault as the parents, because it over emphasizes the relationship with God, and despite “love one another” too often downplays the importance of interpersonal love.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
09-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Well, look on the bright side. Once you're done with college and have moved out on your own, people will use a different religion to control you. It will include all of the requisite hollow platitudes, inconsistent ethics, hierarchical structure and irrational justifications for your obedience that Christianity employs, except they will be enforced at the point of a gun.

Undecided

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
10-04-2013, 03:32 AM
(09-04-2013 11:10 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  It will include all of the requisite hollow platitudes, inconsistent ethics, hierarchical structure and irrational justifications for your obedience that Christianity employs, except they will be enforced at the point of a gun.

Elaborate ? Politics ?
10-04-2013, 03:35 AM
(10-04-2013 03:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(09-04-2013 11:10 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  It will include all of the requisite hollow platitudes, inconsistent ethics, hierarchical structure and irrational justifications for your obedience that Christianity employs, except they will be enforced at the point of a gun.

Elaborate ? Politics ?

He is referring to taxation. Jefe is an anarchist who believes the state is evil and is imposing a form of slavery. We have had a few go arounds in the politics section about that very thing and he does have some good points even if they are a little too optimistic on human nature for my tastes. Big Grin

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
10-04-2013, 05:24 AM
(09-04-2013 09:04 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  The only thing your guilty of is logic in the face of irrationality. Im glad you realized that your surrounded by idiots. Born agains make me want to punch holes in walls

HAHAHA! That is so true. Laugh out load the only hard part is that even if you're right, when you're outnumbered by the wrong, you're the one who appears to be in the wrong.