Religion Poisons Everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2013, 05:36 AM
RE: Religion Poisons Everything
Hitchens used to be indignant towards mutilation of children's genetalia. But this bit of Jewish news is so grotesque that it could even shame pedophile Catholic priests!

"In metzitzah b’peh, which is used in some Haredi Orthodox circles, blood is sucked orally from the circumcision wound. The practice has come under increasing scrutiny in recent years due to the risk of transmitting viruses to the infant. "
http://www.timesofisrael.com/berlin-prob...ng-ritual/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2013, 06:41 AM
(16-04-2013 06:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Well, what if they were American jihadists? My bet is on Islam, would your bet be a different religion?

Yes, Christians.

Chas -

Police have identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, as the "black hat" bombing suspect, killed during the manhunt that followed.

Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/0...riend.html

Should I send you my address so you can mail me the signed $1 with the words "In God We Trust" crossed out?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
19-04-2013, 07:05 AM
(19-04-2013 06:41 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2013 06:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, Christians.

Chas -

Police have identified Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, as the "black hat" bombing suspect, killed during the manhunt that followed.

Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/0...riend.html

Should I send you my address so you can mail me the signed $1 with the words "In God We Trust" crossed out?

I've got the $1 bill out, but I will wait for more confirmation from local sources.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Apparently he took exception to priests?

Man stabs 4 choir members during Sunday mass at Albuquerque Catholic church
Lawrence Capener faces several felony charges for the incident, in which he climbed over pews and shouted ‘fake preacher’ before stabbing four members of the choir.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ma...z2RnzhUS6w

18-11-2014, 08:04 AM
This would never happen at a science convention.

Jerusalem axe attack: Briton among four killed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...illed.html

19-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Idaho Christian faith healers — 12 kids have died since 2011

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/idaho...-about-it/

If you want to know to what extent each of the 50 US States allows or punishes parents for allowing their children to die because they used faith healing instead of medical treatment here you go.

To think this is happening in the 21st century in the USA is mind boggling, embarassing and criminal. Facepalm

[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
19-11-2014, 10:22 PM
(19-11-2014 10:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Idaho Christian faith healers — 12 kids have died since 2011

If you want to know to what extent each of the 50 US States allows or punishes parents for allowing their children to die because they used faith healing instead of medical treatment here you go.

To think this is happening in the 21st century in the USA is mind boggling, embarassing and criminal. Facepalm

I read about this earlier tonight and it amazes me that these laws exist. These people should be in prison.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
19-11-2014, 10:32 PM
(19-11-2014 10:22 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 10:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Idaho Christian faith healers — 12 kids have died since 2011

I read about this earlier tonight and it amazes me that these laws exist. These people should be in prison.

I was amazed to see North Carolina in the minority of states that don't allow for this type of insanity.

22-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Faith-healing parents get 10 years in prison for death of daughter

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressive...-daughter/

“After choosing prayer over modern medicine, and depriving their daughter of life-saving care, Travis and Wenona Rossiter will each spend 10 years in prison for manslaughter in the faith-healing death of their 12-year-old daughter, Syble Rossiter.”

“In interviews with detectives, the parents said that, based on their beliefs, they wouldn’t have done anything different, claiming that doctors are for people who don’t believe strongly enough in God."

WHILE EXTREME THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THE SUPERNATURAL. Censored Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
23-12-2014, 12:14 AM
(22-12-2014 11:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  “In interviews with detectives, the parents said that, based on their beliefs, they wouldn’t have done anything different, claiming that doctors are for people who don’t believe strongly enough in God."

So... it's OK to prevent someone else (your own kid!?!) from receiving health care? Fuck kind of whacked out reasoning is that?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.