Religion Poisons Everything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Religion Poisons Everything
Yes, what better way to foster a rational and critical examination of harmfulness of religion, than a series of selective antidotes, and personal experiences gleamed from a population of several billion people, to rile the masses to the cause. Religion makes such a compelling scapegoat.

I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't gone and blown up a building yet, or murdered an abortion doctor, or stabbed a man for eating shell-fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 01:57 PM
After reading history and studying psychology, working in law enforcement for half my life, I have come to the conclusion that religion is not the cause of genocide, homicide, wars or anything else. No more than atheism caused the atrocities of Stalin or Pol Pot.

Humans are inherently good, evil, or somewhere in between. Their particular religion or non religious status is simply the excuse for their madness.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
[+] 1 user Likes Patriot10mm's post
23-12-2014, 01:57 PM
(23-12-2014 01:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, what better way to foster a rational and critical examination of harmfulness of religion, than a series of selective antidotes, and personal experiences gleamed from a population of several billion people, to rile the masses to the cause. Religion makes such a compelling scapegoat.

I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't gone and blown up a building yet, or murdered an abortion doctor, or stabbed a man for eating shell-fish.

So... what the fuck is your point boyo? You're saying these incidents didn't happen? Which masses are we riling pray?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2014, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 02:23 PM by Tomasia.)
(23-12-2014 01:57 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:47 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, what better way to foster a rational and critical examination of harmfulness of religion, than a series of selective antidotes, and personal experiences gleamed from a population of several billion people, to rile the masses to the cause. Religion makes such a compelling scapegoat.

So... what the fuck is your point boyo? You're saying these incidents didn't happen? Which masses are we riling pray?

Of course they happened, just likely some dude sucked a horse's dick after he smoked pot happened: http://www.definitelykingsley.com/2014/1...fter.html.

When you have billions of people to gather antidotes of, you'll find ones of every shape and size imaginable, and all them can be used to make a variety of shallow judgements, such as pot causes people to give horses blowjobs. If you don't want your children to be horse-cock-suckers, you better warn them to stay off pot.
23-12-2014, 03:03 PM
(23-12-2014 02:19 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Of course they happened, just likely some dude sucked a horse's dick after he smoked pot happened: http://www.definitelykingsley.com/2014/1...fter.html.

When you have billions of people to gather antidotes of, you'll find ones of every shape and size imaginable, and all them can be used to make a variety of shallow judgements, such as pot causes people to give horses blowjobs. If you don't want your children to be horse-cock-suckers, you better warn them to stay off pot.

If thousands of pot smokers sucked thousands of horse cocks over thousands of years, and tortured and executed people who refused to smoke pot and suck horse cock, you might have a leg (or four) to stand on with this post.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post
23-12-2014, 03:27 PM
(23-12-2014 03:03 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  If thousands of pot smokers sucked thousands of horse cocks over thousands of years, and tortured and executed people who refused to smoke pot and suck horse cock, you might have a leg (or four) to stand on with this post.

That's interesting, you implied if it was a thousand pot smokers this would be significant enough to assume that pot led to horse-cock-sucking, but what if we were to look at it from the perspective of percentages. What percentage of all pot-smokers would have to suck a horse's cock for us to consider pot smoking is a gateway to horse cock sucking?

What percentage of believers would have to engage in some form of atrocity, to say that religions causes people to behave in such a way?
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
23-12-2014, 03:35 PM
But let's think of the proposition for a minute. If religion as opposed to non-religion has the unique and profound capacity to get people to do certain things, like blow themselves up, is this unique and profound aspect of it one dimensional? Does it only have the power to get people to commit atrocities, but not commit profound benevolent acts, such as coming to the aid of ebola victims at the risk of one's own health, in a way that non-religion is not able to do?
23-12-2014, 05:49 PM
(23-12-2014 03:35 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  But let's think of the proposition for a minute. If religion as opposed to non-religion has the unique and profound capacity to get people to do certain things, like blow themselves up, is this unique and profound aspect of it one dimensional? Does it only have the power to get people to commit atrocities, but not commit profound benevolent acts, such as coming to the aid of ebola victims at the risk of one's own health, in a way that non-religion is not able to do?

You go believer. Defend that faith. Not like Jesus is gonna show up and give you a hand Dodgy

So you're now claiming that the reason people do profound benevolent acts is 'cos they're religious? Data motherfucker. Do you speak it?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-12-2014, 06:01 PM
(23-12-2014 05:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  So you're now claiming that the reason people do profound benevolent acts is 'cos they're religious? Data motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Read it again, it wasn't a claim it was a question.
23-12-2014, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 07:02 PM by Mr. Boston.)
(23-12-2014 03:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 03:03 PM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  If thousands of pot smokers sucked thousands of horse cocks over thousands of years, and tortured and executed people who refused to smoke pot and suck horse cock, you might have a leg (or four) to stand on with this post.

That's interesting, you implied if it was a thousand pot smokers this would be significant enough to assume that pot led to horse-cock-sucking, but what if we were to look at it from the perspective of percentages. What percentage of all pot-smokers would have to suck a horse's cock for us to consider pot smoking is a gateway to horse cock sucking?

What percentage of believers would have to engage in some form of atrocity, to say that religions causes people to behave in such a way?

I'm not saying that religion causes people to commit atrocities, but it sure isn't very effective in preventing them! You're the one who brought horse-cock-sucking into this, lol. My point is that the idea that religion leads to violence is open to debate; but the evidence in support of that claim is thousands of acts of violence carried out by thousands of individuals over thousands of years in the name of thousands of gods. The evidence that pot-smoking leads to sucking horse cock is that one guy allegedly did it one time. There's no equivalency here. I'm saying for the two to be even remotely comparable you'd have to be able to demonstrate that for eons, people have been getting stoned and sucking horse cock; or you know, maybe at least more than one guy doing it one time.

Why am I even dignifying this with further comment?
[+] 4 users Like Mr. Boston's post