Religion Quiz

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 11:08 AM
RE: Religion Quiz
(05-04-2013 11:01 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 11:04 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Let's up the ante...

Here's one I took about six months ago.... I think there are thirty two questions.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0105/A...tomRelated
30/32

30/32 but I dispute 1 of my wrong answers apparently Calvanism's predetermination is not a Protestant sect. Also the baptists requirement of baptism in christs name is not Protestant. The other one was a name I had never heard before.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 11:32 AM
(05-04-2013 11:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:01 AM)Impulse Wrote:  30/32

30/32 but I dispute 1 of my wrong answers apparently Calvanism's predetermination is not a Protestant sect. Also the baptists requirement of baptism in christs name is not Protestant. The other one was a name I had never heard before.
If I'm thinking of the same question, I believe that Protestant one was phrased something like "most Protestants". But I question the accuracy of that too and that was one of the questions I got wrong as well. There are so many Protestant religions - unless they were including only the larger ones, I find the quiz answer hard to believe.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-04-2013, 11:39 AM
(05-04-2013 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:08 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  30/32 but I dispute 1 of my wrong answers apparently Calvanism's predetermination is not a Protestant sect. Also the baptists requirement of baptism in christs name is not Protestant. The other one was a name I had never heard before.
If I'm thinking of the same question, I believe that Protestant one was phrased something like "most Protestants". But I question the accuracy of that too and that was one of the questions I got wrong as well. There are so many Protestant religions - unless they were including only the larger ones, I find the quiz answer hard to believe.

12. Which of these religious groups traditionally teaches that salvation comes through faith alone?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
29/32 on that quiz, but I can't see any of the averages.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
05-04-2013, 12:29 PM
(05-04-2013 11:39 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 11:32 AM)Impulse Wrote:  If I'm thinking of the same question, I believe that Protestant one was phrased something like "most Protestants". But I question the accuracy of that too and that was one of the questions I got wrong as well. There are so many Protestant religions - unless they were including only the larger ones, I find the quiz answer hard to believe.

12. Which of these religious groups traditionally teaches that salvation comes through faith alone?

Yup, that's the one. It was the word "traditionally" that made me think "usually" which for Protestants could mean "most". But whether the question meant "all" or "most", I don't think either is right.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-04-2013, 03:36 PM
13/15 4&5 wrong.

And Jonathan Edwards is a British triple jumper who held the world record. He was also known for being a christian but who now is an atheist I believe.
05-04-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 08:21 PM by Heathen.)
14/15

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
05-04-2013, 03:47 PM
14/15

I got the f'ing Johnathan Edwards question wrong!

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
05-04-2013, 03:52 PM
(04-04-2013 03:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Missed Saturday for Jewish Sabbeth. Guessed Friday
Shot in the dark on Abraham's suffering. Should have said Job
Remembered Billy Graham from my nightmares. Who the hell is Jonathon Edwards anyway? nvm don't care!

Got the rest right Shocking

Jonathan Edwards 1703-1748 was an early Puritan minister,he used to sign his letters "Yours from the Bowels of Christ." his famous sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"

The comforting thought of suicide has gotten me through many a dark night
Arthur SchopenhauerTongue
06-04-2013, 02:02 AM
For fairness I think it is worth noting that once you put the self-identifying atheist/agnostic group together with the nones the average score drops from 17 down to 13.6[1]. If we assume that the Protestant group consists of both active and apathetic theists when it seems fairer to compare against the combined active and apathetic atheist counts. For comparison the Protestant average was 13.2, only slightly lower than the atheist/agnostic+nones count.

[1] http://www.pewforum.org/U-S-Religious-Kn...urvey.aspx

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.