Religion a safe check for Psychopaths?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2015, 02:12 PM
Religion a safe check for Psychopaths?
Hi

I don't know if this has been up before. I searched but couldn't find anything.

This videos was posted by a religious friend on his wall and it made me sick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

So have you guys seen this? And how would you respond to it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Religion a safe check for Psychopaths?
(15-03-2015 02:12 PM)Salkinius Wrote:  Hi

This videos was posted by a religious friend on his wall and it made me sick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DakEcY7Z5GU

Can you give a little info before I invest half an hour in this video?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-03-2015, 02:34 PM
I watched a few minutes, it was a guy giving some analogies about how absurd he thinks atheism is.
That's as far as I got.
15-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I was trying to figure out by the thread title if being religious means you are a psychopath or if not being religious means you are a psychopath. I don't think either is a accurate test.

Thanks for the Reader's Digest version pablo.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-03-2015, 03:09 PM
(15-03-2015 02:12 PM)Salkinius Wrote:  Hi

Heard it before. Still bunk! Dodgy

Without watching the whole thing ( Rainbow Vomit ), he comes across like a sociopath claiming, as an atheist, he had no reason not to act out on his destructive behavior, and that christianity gave him one. I don't know if he's pretending for the camera or not, but even if he's sincere, that's a bunch a shit!

There are violent passages in the bible that could be used as an excuse to carry out horrible acts against others in the name of god. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
15-03-2015, 04:31 PM
Let's be real about this....

If - you claim - that you're in a "personal relationship" with the "guy who created the universe" ----

I'm putting safe money on the fact that such a statement is probably the closest thing to a textbook definition of "psychosis" that there is...............

That, or you're simply a world class bullshitter.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-03-2015, 06:06 PM
This guy, David Wood, is some sort of youtuber and a podcaster now. He debates with muslims and such.

He describes in the video his previous lack of empathy and how he strangled a boy to near death, he bashed his fathers head in with a hammer and thought of himself as the most perfect human that has ever stood the earth. But after having fasted for many many days he found god and he found morals that he could rely upon.

First of all, I would like to say that if all this is true and that he did all these things, then I'm actually quite happy that he did find something that doesn't make him hurt other people.

But I'm not really sure if he as a psychopath, if he was that, can be saved by religion because it is religion or if his "conversion" just triggered something in his brain that unlocked something, something that made him realize the value of other people.

I know that many criminals are converted in prison in the States. But is this something that is actually beneficial once they get out. Do you know something about statistics regarding this? Do you know something of this David Wood guy?
15-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Jailhouse conversions look really good to parole boards. There aren't that many ways to supposedly prove you have changed while a prisoner. But who can prove or disprove your claimed new belief in, and intent to follow, a god?