Religion - a technique to repress the masses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Religion - a technique to repress the masses
What are your thoughts on religion?

I personally believe people put them in place for nothing more than their own selfish greed, look at how rich the pope has gotten from it? People live on their impossible boat down a stream to heaven, it keeps them like controlled robots and the church makes shit loads of money!

It is clear those with the power do not play by their own rules, look at the crimes the Catholic church has made and you'll see that yourself. I personally believe it stops people from taking responsibility and control of their own lives, limits their very short and precious life on this planet and causes nothing but segregation and warfare.

It is clear my opinions on the case are negative, just interested to know what others think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HailMeNow's post
08-01-2013, 05:46 PM
RE: Religion - a technique to repress the masses
I completely agree with the original post and think that nothing could raise the world higher right now than to be freed from religious close mindedness.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

08-01-2013, 07:52 PM
YOU FOOLS! You cannot simply get rid of all religion in a short time span. The chaos caused by people who build themselves on religion would be catastrophic! What needs to be done is a slow, slow, slow process of filtering out religion from mainstream culture. We need to make people identify themselves as people, not by their religion.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
08-01-2013, 07:53 PM
(08-01-2013 07:52 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  YOU FOOLS! You cannot simply get rid of all religion in a short time span. The chaos caused by people who build themselves on religion would be catastrophic! What needs to be done is a slow, slow, slow process of filtering out religion from mainstream culture. We need to make people identify themselves as people, not by their religion.
I'd rather not let them continue to waste their precious life living a lie, I'd rather free them of the chains of repression...I am shocked at your religious close mindedness
[+] 1 user Likes HailMeNow's post
08-01-2013, 07:57 PM
(08-01-2013 07:52 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  YOU FOOLS! You cannot simply get rid of all religion in a short time span. The chaos caused by people who build themselves on religion would be catastrophic! What needs to be done is a slow, slow, slow process of filtering out religion from mainstream culture. We need to make people identify themselves as people, not by their religion.
Nah, cold turkey.

Best way to quit smoking is to quit. Period. Best way to quit heroine is to stop. Period. Best way to quit sawing off your own leg is to quit. Period. Best way to quit wasting your life on religion is to quit. Period.

(I'm not saying those are easy; just best).

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
08-01-2013, 07:58 PM
(08-01-2013 07:57 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
Nah, cold turkey.

Best way to quit smoking is to quit. Period. Best way to quit heroine is to stop. Period. Best way to quit sawing off your own leg is to quit. Period. Best way to quit wasting your life on religion is to quit. Period.

(I'm not saying those are easy; just best).
Precisely, you speak sense
08-01-2013, 08:06 PM
You fail to understand the repercussions that would occur. It must be a slow process or people will die.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
(08-01-2013 08:06 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  You fail to understand the repercussions that would occur. It must be a slow process or people will die.
People are dying now due to the warfare of it all
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Die without religion?

I hardly think so.

If god snapped his fingers and got rid of all religion on earth, nobody but the insane would die from it (hey, if nutjobs can drink poison when a comet comes by, anything is possible). The vast sane majority would simply adjust to their new clarity.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
08-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Enough life has been lost to the foolishness of religious fanaticism. We do not need to lose more in a torrent of crazed violence. I agree religion needs to be fazed out, but it needs to be done carefully. It is akin to defusing a bomb. It must gently.

NEW AND IMPROVED!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Christianity is a Secularist religion. Deltabravo 21 338 Yesterday 07:27 AM
Last Post: Ace
  The "need" for religion. john2 18 270 12-07-2014 11:33 AM
Last Post: childeye
  Is it wrong to hate religion? CleverUsername 66 1,144 07-07-2014 02:29 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  Is Christianity really a monotheistic religion according to the Bible? Lunda 8 149 06-07-2014 06:34 PM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Religion flowchart? smileXsmileXsmile 7 258 04-07-2014 12:48 AM
Last Post: elraymonds
  The Worst Religion is Islam? Dark Light 54 888 28-06-2014 11:57 AM
Last Post: Drunkin Druid
  Religion without supernatural phenomena flim-flam 43 551 25-06-2014 11:56 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird