Religion and Politics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2017, 06:31 PM
RE: Religion and Politics
Full Circle Wrote:You would think a man that god talks to would get the fact straight no matter what time period they live in don’t you?
why would I think that?
I don't believe that men or women to whom God talks are not allowed to have their own(right or wrong) thoughts and opinions. I don't believe that these men or women would get every fact straight.

LDS Church was never anti-black rights. If I am wrong I want to know what rights of blacks the Church was against?

P.S. To be a member of LDS Church is not a right. To have priesthood in the Church is not a right. To obtain Temple recommend is not a right.
To enter celestial glory is not a right.

I am not even trying to defend whatever Brigham Young ever said. I just don't agree when someone says that LDS Church was against blacks.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 07:54 AM
(08-03-2017 06:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Full Circle Wrote:You would think a man that god talks to would get the fact straight no matter what time period they live in don’t you?
why would I think that?
I don't believe that men or women to whom God talks are not allowed to have their own(right or wrong) thoughts and opinions. I don't believe that these men or women would get every fact straight.

LDS Church was never anti-black rights. If I am wrong I want to know what rights of blacks the Church was against?

P.S. To be a member of LDS Church is not a right. To have priesthood in the Church is not a right. To obtain Temple recommend is not a right.
To enter celestial glory is not a right.

I am not even trying to defend whatever Brigham Young ever said. I just don't agree when someone says that LDS Church was against blacks.

The LDS has said that blacks having the same the same rights as whites was against church doctrine and that intermarriage resulted in a curse on the white person.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
09-03-2017, 08:01 AM
The LDS has a shameful history when it comes to race and child rape. It's a confirmed truth that Brigham Young saw "blacks" as fit only for servitude, and Joseph Smith was a confirmed polygamist who "married" multiple girls, at least one of which was as young as 14 - her name was Maria Winchester. That's pedophilia by any measure one wishes to use.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
09-03-2017, 08:08 AM
(09-03-2017 07:54 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  The LDS has said that blacks having the same the same rights as whites was against church doctrine and that intermarriage resulted in a curse on the white person.
LDS people are allowed to say whatever they want it doesn't mean they are correct.
There was no LDS Doctrine that
" blacks having the same the same rights as whites was against church doctrine and that intermarriage resulted in a curse on the white person. "

09-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Heath_Tierney Wrote:The LDS has a shameful history when it comes to race and child rape.
Don't we all have history?
Atheists who claimed moral authority murdered and raped millions on people.
LDS people are mortal, imperfect men.

[quote="Heath_Tierney"]and Joseph Smith was a confirmed polygamist who "married" multiple girls,
He was sealed to them. To be sealed for eternity is not the same as to be married for a time.
There is no any evidence he had sex with them. May be he did but there is no evidence.
At that time it was common when young girls married older men. It is hard to judge people who lived in the past and to be 100% fair to them. They lived in different culture. There was different mentality.
I wonder what they would say about us if they had to judge us? I don't think their judgment would be fair.

09-03-2017, 08:45 AM
*double post, sorry*
09-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Well, Alla, that just goes to the religious flexibility of the so-called "unchangeable, eternal" rules.

Having sex with an innocent child is reprehensible and abusive, whether it took place yesterday or a hundred years ago, and it will be reprehensible tomorrow and a hundred years into the future.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Heath_Tierney Wrote:Well, Alla, that just goes to the religious flexibility of the so-called "unchangeable, eternal" rules.
Eternal laws do not change.
Application of eternal laws can change.

Heath_Tierney Wrote:Having sex with an innocent child is reprehensible and abusive, whether it took place yesterday or a hundred years ago, and it will be reprehensible tomorrow and a hundred years into the future.
I agree with you. But it is true that in the past it was accepted by some societies that it is totally fine for young girls to marry older or even old men.
P.S. I do not believe that Joseph Smith had sex with 14 year old. I don't believe he had sex with those women who were sealed to him for eternity.

09-03-2017, 10:42 PM
The bible says we are free to do anthing. Jesus had to upheld the law so pre marital sex and homosexuality is sin also no divorce. But god accepts drugs.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se...inthians+6
10-03-2017, 12:37 AM
(09-03-2017 08:01 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  and Joseph Smith was a confirmed polygamist who "married" multiple girls, at least one of which was as young as 14 - her name was Maria Winchester. That's pedophilia by any measure one wishes to use.
Having sex with an innocent child is reprehensible and abusive, whether it took place yesterday or a hundred years ago, and it will be reprehensible tomorrow and a hundred years into the future.

Alla's right on this one. The age of consent at the time was 10-12 in most state except Delaware where it was 7. Wasn't seen as socially unacceptable or out of the ordinary at the time.

#sigh