Religion and Science: Historically Reconcilable
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2010, 08:00 PM
RE: Religion and Science: Historically Reconcilable
Jon also said, to make his point about science using as much faith as religion, that, "The universe is mostly made of anti-matter" "Where is this anti-matter?" "It's there, trust me", or a dialogue similar to that. It's very disturbing when people falsely state what is and does, but I do keep in mind that the significantly better part of America is theist, and to claim atheism would probably cause a drop in viewers. I like to think that those overly religious viewers would be replaced by atheist viewers though.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2010, 09:11 AM
RE: Religion and Science: Historically Reconcilable
Well, that kind of is correct. We do trust scientists, because they have no reason to lie (at least outside the scientific community, scientists will lie due to intense pressure from colleagues). They have the evidence for their claims, or else they wouldn't be making them. The anti-matter is there.

Hell, we can create incredibly tiny amounts of it in the LHC. Nobody has made a tiny amount of angel dust anywhere, or a tiny fragment of divine energy, but according to people of faith- "Trust us, it's there."

I have lost respect for Jon in the field of science, but again, I can't expect him to be an expert in this area. I wish he would man up, and apply his reason and hatred for hypocrisy in the political spectrum and apply it to religion.
Quote this message in a reply