Religion and choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Religion and choice
He is all powerful because He doesn't break the law. But if it was possible that God would break the law the moment He did it He wouldn't be God any more. This is what JS was saying.

Robvalue Wrote:Maybe this already happened? Considering there's been no evidence of any intervention in the last 2,000 years, maybe he fucked up.
You can say this. But not me. I believe that there is evidence of His intervention today, in the 21st century.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 11:06 AM
So... he is limited by the fact that he can't break the law and then continue to be God.

But he could break the law. Who or what exactly would demote him? What power is this that could control God?

Since God is a catch-all answer to any unanswered question, I don't get why there'd be anything controlling him.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2017, 12:33 PM
Robvalue Wrote:So... he is limited by the fact that he can't break the law and then continue to be God.

I BELIEVE(I don't have perfect knowledge) God can have a choice: to break the law or to obey the law. No outside power can stop Him from making choice.
I BELIEVE the moment God chooses to break the law, that's it, He can't be God anymore. But (I believe) God ALWAYS choses to obey the law, this is His will to obey any law
I also BELIEVE that God can not do things that are NOT possible to do. It is not possible for God to do anything against natural physical laws. Only false(fiction) gods can do impossible things.

Robvalue Wrote:But he could break the law. Who or what exactly would demote him? What power is this that could control God?
I BELIEVE God controls Himself. He is the one who choses not to break any law.

Robvalue Wrote:Since God is a catch-all answer to any unanswered question, I don't get why there'd be anything controlling him.
I am not sure I get your question. Sorry, Robvalue.

04-03-2017, 12:38 PM
Robvalue Wrote:Who or what exactly would demote him?
I believe He would demote Himself.
The moment I say a lie it is the moment I become a liar. I can not lie and be an honest person at the same time.
I demote myself from being an honest person.

04-03-2017, 02:14 PM
What's so lame about the 3rd order of heaven that you'd get for not being Mormon anyway... why so they need to baptize the dead to move them up

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-03-2017, 02:20 PM
(03-03-2017 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also believe what Joseph Smith said:" God can not break eternal law and continue to be God"

But he's God though. Why can't he do everything. I mean, theoretically, he could make and break laws and reestablish them. Who does he report to in order to be downgraded? What is the downgraded version of God? Why does God have to follow any rules anyways?
04-03-2017, 02:26 PM
(04-03-2017 02:20 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 01:49 PM)Alla Wrote:  I also believe what Joseph Smith said:" God can not break eternal law and continue to be God"
Why does God have to follow any rules anyways?

Cause believers don't want their space wizard to be unpredictable.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-03-2017, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 05:49 PM by Alla.)
Larai19 Wrote:But he's God though. Why can't he do everything.
I mean, theoretically, he could make and break laws and reestablish them.
God can not reestablish laws He never established. There are things God never created. For example, matter. It is eternal. There are laws God never established. Eternal laws

Larai19 Wrote:Who does he report to in order to be downgraded?
I don't believe that God breaks laws. He has freedom to do this but He doesn't.
For example, you have freedom to hit very sweet and friendly dog. But I bet you will NEVER do this. I believe you are so KIND that you will never make this cruel choice. But the moment you choose to hit the dog you become unkind person. You downgrade yourself.
Larai19 Wrote:What is the downgraded version of God?
He would become one of devils.
Larai19 Wrote:Why does God have to follow any rules anyways?
Because He knows it is right thing to do. He knows that choosing and doing what is right makes Him HAPPY.
When you feed hungry dog it makes you happy. It is right thing to do - to feed hungry. When you hit innocent dog it doesn't make you happy. It makes you even more miserable.
It is all about JOY and HAPPINESS.
If we are not happy, if we are miserable we do NOT want to EXIST.

04-03-2017, 05:56 PM
Do you chat with him on the phone or something?

Genuinely curious how you know what makes him happy...

p.s. do the starving children make him happy? One would think he would fix that shit because it's the right thing to do.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
04-03-2017, 06:04 PM
(04-03-2017 05:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Larai19 Wrote:But he's God though. Why can't he do everything.
I mean, theoretically, he could make and break laws and reestablish them.
God can not reestablish laws He never established. There are things God never created. For example, matter. It is eternal. There are laws God never established. Eternal laws

Larai19 Wrote:Who does he report to in order to be downgraded?
I don't believe that God breaks laws. He has freedom to do this but He doesn't.
For example, you have freedom to hit very sweet and friendly dog. But I bet you will NEVER do this. I believe you are so KIND that you will never make this cruel choice. But the moment you choose to hit the dog you become unkind person. You downgrade yourself.
Larai19 Wrote:What is the downgraded version of God?
He would become one of devils.
Larai19 Wrote:Why does God have to follow any rules anyways?
Because He knows it is right thing to do. He knows that choosing and doing what is right makes Him HAPPY.
When you feed hungry dog it makes you happy. It is right thing to do - to feed hungry. When you hit innocent dog it doesn't make you happy. It makes you even more miserable.
It is all about JOY and HAPPINESS.
If we are not happy, if we are miserable we do NOT want to EXIST.

Why does God think that changing the laws of physics is wrong? He created them, he created the concept of wrong and right for us, correct? Why does he feel like he has to abide by his own rules. Why is changing things inherently wrong to God?
[+] 1 user Likes Larai19's post