Religion and choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 12:59 PM
RE: Religion and choice
Robvalue Wrote:They've fully got you there, then. God can do absolutely anything he likes, and you will thank him!
I believe that God does absolutely anything He likes AS LONG AS it is NOT against the law. Everything that is lawful is good, right, righteous.
Do you understand what I am talking about?
Robvalue Wrote:I wonder how far this would stretch? How awful would your life have to be before you called bullshit on this?
I don't know. Life didn't take me to that point yet. Only when I EXPERIENCE that point I WILL know. Only PERSONAL EXPERINCE can give me this knowledge.
But I do know NOW that I have to ENDURE to the end and I have to FIGHT evil.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 01:03 PM
(03-03-2017 10:44 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Merriam-Webster define hardship as something that causes or entails suffering or privation or something that causes pain, suffering, or loss so I doubt that effort taken to reach the peak could be called so.

I see your point. I'm not convinced it negates mine, but I'm having trouble coming up with a better example, so I'll just leave this at "point taken". Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-03-2017, 01:04 PM
(03-03-2017 12:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Robvalue Wrote:They've fully got you there, then. God can do absolutely anything he likes, and you will thank him!
I believe that God does absolutely anything He likes AS LONG AS it is NOT against the law. Everything that is lawful is good, right, righteous.
Robvalue Wrote:I wonder how far this would stretch? How awful would your life have to be before you called bullshit on this?
I don't know. Life didn't take me to that point yet. Only when I EXPERIENCE that point I WILL know. Only PERSONAL EXPERINCE can give me this knowledge.

You've admitted there is evil, so god either created it or allowed it to enter. Isn't that against the law? If not, what is against the law?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2017, 01:05 PM
(03-03-2017 12:59 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 12:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  True. But because there is evil we MUST to learn how to overcome and to avoid it.
You stated that the reason you are grateful for evil is that otherwise you wouldn't be able to learn to overcome it. My point was your reason for finding some "good" in evil depends on evil existing in the first place. For there to truly be anything good about something, the reason should be independent of the something itself. Otherwise, it's only a way of finding a silver lining.

I understand what your point is. I understand that if there was no evil in the first place we wouldn't have to overcome it.
I agree with this. But why are you making this argument?

03-03-2017, 01:06 PM
(03-03-2017 01:04 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 12:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that God does absolutely anything He likes AS LONG AS it is NOT against the law. Everything that is lawful is good, right, righteous.

You've admitted there is evil, so god either created it or allowed it to enter. Isn't that against the law? If not, what is against the law?

Nothing, Fuhrer... god I meant god, will is the law.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Who the hell made the law?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2017, 01:15 PM
(03-03-2017 01:12 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Who the hell made the law?

Legislators.

God though isn't subjected to any law, which isn't surprising given that he is nothing but figment of imagination spiced with indoctrination.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Robvalue Wrote:You've admitted there is evil, so god either created it or allowed it to enter. Isn't that against the law? If not, what is against the law?
It is not against the law to let evil to enter this world. It is against the law not to let evil enter this world.

P.S. Concept of good is eternal concept. It was never created by anybody. It just exists.
Concept of evil is eternal concept. It was never created by anybody. It just exists.
Good and evil exists in infinite space, in different worlds.
God sends us here so we can prepare ourselves for the worlds we never entered yet.

P.P.S. I know, I know, we are talking about fairy tales. But I firmly believe that it is true and I want to be prepared. It is never a waste of time, money and energy to prepare yourself. You still learn a lot while you are preparing yourself.

03-03-2017, 01:20 PM
(03-03-2017 01:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  I understand what your point is. I understand that if there was no evil in the first place we wouldn't have to overcome it.
I agree with this. But why are you making this argument?
I see it as discussing and I'm simply trying to understand why you are grateful for evil. The reason you provided doesn't make sense to me.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
03-03-2017, 01:25 PM
(03-03-2017 01:12 PM)Robvalue Wrote:  Who the hell made the law?
I don't know yet. There is a lot we don't know about eternal things because they are not revealed to us. But for right now I can only speculate that the there is eternal law or laws. It is something that was not created by anybody. It just exists and any living creature(including our God Yahweh) has to obey it.
If God breaks eternal law He can not be God anymore. This is what Joseph Smith was teaching and I am convinced it is true.