Religion and choice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2017, 01:28 PM
RE: Religion and choice
(03-03-2017 01:20 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 01:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  I understand what your point is. I understand that if there was no evil in the first place we wouldn't have to overcome it.
I agree with this. But why are you making this argument?
I see it as discussing and I'm simply trying to understand why you are grateful for evil. The reason you provided doesn't make sense to me.

What if I tell you that biblical God never created evil or good. It is just part of eternity and infinity.
Biblical God let evil to enter our world so we can prepare ourselves for something.
I am grateful for AN OPPORTUNITY to prepare myself by learning to overcome evil.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(03-03-2017 01:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  What if I tell you that biblical God never created evil or good. It is just part of eternity and infinity.
Biblical God let evil to enter our world so we can prepare ourselves for something.
I am grateful for AN OPPORTUNITY to prepare myself by learning to overcome evil.
Ok, so you don't believe then that God has the ability to take away evil? That is to say, you don't believe God is omnipotent? (Still trying to understand.)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-03-2017, 01:44 PM
(03-03-2017 01:34 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 01:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  What if I tell you that biblical God never created evil or good. It is just part of eternity and infinity.
Ok, so you don't believe then that God has the ability to take away evil? That is to say, you don't believe God is omnipotent? (Still trying to understand.)

I believe that biblical God has ability to take away evil like you have ability to take away evil by finding cure from cancer, or by destroying ISIS for good.
Only God has more knowledge and more power and more authority than you do.
I believe that God has power to do anything that is REALISTIC to do, that is part of material(REAL) world. God can not do things that are not real. God can not create something out of nothing , for example. This would be fantasy(immaterial).
I strongly believe in LDS Doctrine that God lives in material(REAL) world.

03-03-2017, 01:49 PM
I also believe what Joseph Smith said:" God can not break eternal law and continue to be God"

03-03-2017, 02:02 PM
(03-03-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  I believe that biblical God has ability to take away evil like you have ability to take away evil by finding cure from cancer, or by destroying ISIS for good.
I believe that God has power to do anything that is REALISTIC to do, that is part of material(REAL) world. God can not do things that are not real. God can not create something out of nothing , for example. This would be fantasy(immaterial).
I did not know that is what LDS teaches. Thanks for clarifying. I, of course, disagree, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-03-2017, 02:21 PM
(03-03-2017 02:02 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I did not know that is what LDS teaches. Thanks for clarifying. I, of course, disagree, but that's a discussion for a different thread.

No problem.
Of course, you disagree. LDS doctrine is something that can be called "fiction", "fairy tale".
I accept that it can be called "fairy tale". Smile

03-03-2017, 02:29 PM
(03-03-2017 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 01:34 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Ok, so you don't believe then that God has the ability to take away evil? That is to say, you don't believe God is omnipotent? (Still trying to understand.)

I believe that biblical God has ability to take away evil like you have ability to take away evil by finding cure from cancer, or by destroying ISIS for good.

So he didn't create the universe?
03-03-2017, 02:38 PM
What is universe?

03-03-2017, 02:42 PM
If "universe" is all matter and space then the answer is "no"
Even the Bible doesn't have such claim. I am telling this to those who believe that the Bible is inerrant word of God.

04-03-2017, 01:50 AM
You said if God breaks the law, he can't be God anymore. So he's not all-powerful then, for sure.

Maybe this already happened? Considering there's been no evidence of any intervention in the last 2,000 years, maybe he fucked up.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user