Religion and climate change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: Religion and climate change
(28-05-2013 01:05 AM)JAH Wrote:  I and I sometimes you really go overboard. Did climate gate occur yes it did, do scientists sometimes cook the books because it benefits their employment, yes they do. I would point out that it is most common in scientists employed by or dependent on drug companies.

Do many of the wealthy who agree with global warming not act as they should, yes. Even I use the heater more than I should because I can afford it. I also drive places for strictly my enjoyment, something I actually recognize as inappropriate.

Does the above convince any but the most naive that global warming is not a threat. Not unless they are so heavy into conspiracy that they chose to.

I am answering the question why some people believe in conspiracy theories, not referring to what I believe. Something can be logical and incorrect, it is logical to assume a conspiracy theory regarding the facts I mentioned however that logical process does not make the conclusion correct.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 04:00 AM
I and I, How does this not sound like a cliche. Expressing oneself clearly should be expressing oneself clearly. If you are trying to indicate that global warming deniers have legitimate reasons to be skeptical state that and express your reasons. Do not make their case and leave it hanging as if it were your position.

I am currently conspiring with my estranged from wife to move to a different community. This is being done for a variety of reasons none imposed from an external agency. Should we both submit to questioning by some outside agency such as yourself because we are involved in a conspiracy. I think not. Oh and by the way both sons are involved so this is by definition a wide spread conspiracy.
28-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Climategate is more or less an invented controversy at this point. Investigations have cleared scientists of wrongdoing, including Michael Mann.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/sci...egate.html

Climategate does not negate the legitimacy climate change science. Scientists sometimes doing wrong does not somehow negate their work if their work is still scientifically sound. The points about Bill Gates and other rich people are red herrings and also does not somehow negate climate science.

28-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes, Wolf Bird, climate gate was an invented controversy, it did show how scientists do on occasion tend to focus on that which pays the bills and not on that which is strictly proven.

My post above was about how I and I being obtuse does a disservice to himself and others.