Religion and the workplace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 06:16 AM
RE: Religion and the workplace
(22-11-2011 03:27 AM)17thknight Wrote:  
(01-11-2011 02:27 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Peeps tell me, "Merry Christmas;" I go "Happy Mithras!" You know, whatever's clever - it bugs me, but I try not to let my bug decrease others enjoyment of the holidays - the time for that is January. (How comes we don't have a devil emote?)

Don't be a jerk, it's a national holiday and there's no excuse for behaving that way. If someone wishes you Merry Christmas it is in the spirit of good will and kindness. How hard is it to say Merry Christmas back? If someone said Happy Hanukkah to me then I would say it to them in return. The world doesn't revolve around what you believe and people shouldn't have to mince their holiday greetings in fear that someone is going to spit it back in their faces in some snide and condescending way, ESPECIALLY given the spirit in which they are saying those words to you. You may as well tell someone to fuck off when they smile and say "Good morning".

That you feel the need to behave this way says FAR more about you than it does about them, and that kind of behavior does more harm to atheism than Santa Claus and Christmas trees ever could.

Atheists are a tiny minority in this country, and in many others. You often represent all of us in the minds of many people, and you should conduct yourself accordingly.

EDIT: And don't even start with this "oh well it's just the same as what they said" garbage, because you know your response is calculated specifically to insult and degrade.

I agree. Christmas has absolutely nothing to do with religion anymore, just as thanksgiving has nothing to do with the genocide of the Native Americans.

So if you can forget about the TRUE tragic story of the Native Americans and still eat your turkey and stuffing, then I am sure you can forget about the Christians praying for their imaginary fictional friend, Jesus, at Christmas, which they do every other day of the year anyways.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2011, 07:28 AM
(22-11-2011 06:16 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Atheists are a tiny minority in this country, and in many others. You often represent all of us in the minds of many people, and you should conduct yourself accordingly.

As Pastor Erxomai used to be fond of quoting, "You're the only Bible some people may ever read." I'll leave the translation for this to Atheism up to the reader.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
22-11-2011, 12:10 PM
(22-11-2011 07:28 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-11-2011 06:16 AM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Atheists are a tiny minority in this country, and in many others. You often represent all of us in the minds of many people, and you should conduct yourself accordingly.

As Pastor Erxomai used to be fond of quoting, "You're the only Bible some people may ever read." I'll leave the translation for this to Atheism up to the reader.
I didn't say that lol. I actually don't care what the majority think of the minority of atheists. The only way to end the disease that is religion is educating the children. The adults, for the most part, are all lost causes. They are not going to suddenly become atheists because of something we say or don't say . So what is the point of walking on eggshells whenever you speak to them? Why give them the undeserved respect that they demand?