Religion and wars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2015, 08:49 PM
Religion and wars
Has anyone seen this
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h...e6a484af19

It basically says that religion started less that 7% of the worlds wars. It was cited from the Encyclopedia of wars - Phillips and Axelrod. I have googled this and can't find anything but some christian sites commenting on it.

Any Ideas???
Evil_monster

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Edrut Scssrhnds
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2015, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 09:06 AM by Russ.)
RE: Religion and wars
Religion caused less than 7% of wars, eh? All those other ones must be those god-damned commie atheist bastards!

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 3 users Like Russ's post
21-04-2015, 06:11 AM
THe link says that Atheist Communists started the majority of wars.

Considering that there's been a very limited number of athiests running a Communist government -- 4 that come to mind - and all since the 1930's ---

I'd say they're simply full of shit.

But that's to be expected from the devout.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Quote:It basically says that religion started less that 7% of the worlds wars. It was cited from the Encyclopedia of wars - Phillips and Axelrod. I have googled this and can't find anything but some christian sites commenting on it.

It's also says that atheist communism (what?) is responsible for majority of wars, which cleary shows quality of the source. Marxism-leninism and stalinism or maoism are political religions and while bolsheviks did not believe in god the lack of faith weren't their main motive for doing what they did. It's faith that is at fault, faith in utopia , faith in possibility of achieving paradise on earth.
Sadly blaming atheists for communists crimes is quite common and more disturbingly somewhat effective.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-04-2015, 07:55 AM
This from Christianity in the last 1000 years, I good primer.

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/1000years.htm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Before seeing war up and close I used to blame religion. Now I see religion more as an excuse to justify something that would be happening either way. We want a society in which murder is inherently wrong, yet we must regularly kill to survive. Religion allows this to happen without creating an internal ethical conflict.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
21-04-2015, 01:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 04:08 PM by 4Syntraph.)
Hmm I could fill the other 93% with war over natural resources, land, power, madness, and many more... but all of them are evil so it must be caused by atheists.
Take Hitler for example. He was evil right? He therefore must've been an atheist
21-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes the Mao and Stalin regimes tortured and killed more people being in the highly populous recent times where numbers are more definitive and that sums up that most suffering is caused by atheistic communism eh? It's a bit less than realistic.

What you could define as religiously the main factor of the war, yeah it probably is low, why they deem in that picture "astonishingly" shows there's already plenty of pre-established biases in this data evaluation on many fronts. Why is that supposedly surprising of a determination?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-04-2015, 04:07 PM
There should be a measure of the psychological damage religion does to people. They should measure war within families when a family member rejects the family god. Those are wars too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-04-2015, 07:44 PM
"Atheistic Communism" has existed little more than a century so it is not responsible for the majority of wars.

To compare the death and destruction of wars fairly, you have to factor in weapons inflation.

Imagine The Thirty Years' War with modern weapons. Or the Crusades. Or The Eighty Years' War. Or ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post