Religion flowchart?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Religion flowchart?
I know labels only create divides but out of curiosity, is there an unbiased religion flowchart to see what exactly my title would be? I can't seem to find one.

Ex. Strong atheist agnostic irreligious, weak religious atheist, or strong agnostic theist etc. etc.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: Religion flowchart?
I wouldn't bother with the "strong/weak" contrivances; they tend to misrepresent things, and in a somewhat inflammatory way. Much like the word "militant" does.
The question is: do you believe or accept any claims of a god or gods? If no: atheist.

Simple as that.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
29-05-2014, 11:55 AM
[Image: yX0vu.png]
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
29-05-2014, 12:17 PM
(29-05-2014 11:45 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  I know labels only create divides but out of curiosity, is there an unbiased religion flowchart to see what exactly my title would be? I can't seem to find one.

Ex. Strong atheist agnostic irreligious, weak religious atheist, or strong agnostic theist etc. etc.

Short answer: no.

Different people have different ideas on what a label stands for.

The charts you've been so far presented with show one possible interpretation of the most common labels, as often championed by atheists, with the view point that things you know are not the same as things you believe in, but the former is a subset of the latter. In this model, if your answer to the question, "Do you believe in a god?" is anything but "Yes", then you qualify as an atheist, that is to say, you're not a theist.

(A)gnosticism then only further specifies the strength of your convictions, i.e. how certain you are that your beliefs are true.

Τί ἐστιν ἀλήθεια?
29-05-2014, 01:26 PM
I can't remember who first posted this but I think it'll help

http://funki.com.ua/ru/portfolio/lab/wor...ions-tree/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
29-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Not endorsing any of these, but...

[Image: worldview+map.jpg]

[Image: how_to_choose_your_religion.jpg]

[Image: trolls_religion_flow_chart.jpg?rdrts=59172315]

[Image: zombie-flowchart.jpg]

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
29-05-2014, 08:02 PM
(29-05-2014 07:40 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Not endorsing any of these, but...

[Image: worldview+map.jpg]

[Image: how_to_choose_your_religion.jpg]

[Image: trolls_religion_flow_chart.jpg?rdrts=59172315]

[Image: zombie-flowchart.jpg]

I had to laugh at this...
Are you rich and insane? ----------> yes? ----------> Be a Scientologist. LMAO
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
04-07-2014, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2014 02:06 AM by DLJ.)
(29-05-2014 11:45 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  I know labels only create divides but out of curiosity, is there an unbiased religion flowchart to see what exactly my title would be? I can't seem to find one.

use a <edited my mod to remove link to flowhart software promotion> like creately, and there are templates for the exact scenario where you can get a example and edit it immediately