Religion in the classroom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2013, 04:23 PM
RE: Religion in the classroom
(18-09-2013 01:35 PM)lilith11 Wrote:  Today was just AWFUL. We had a religious theatre group at our school and before and after the play the pastor held a sermon. He repeated about a billion times how we were all God's children, how we Christians were all brothers and sisters. I don't know what you think but in my opinion that guy was unbelievably rude and arrogant. I know for sure that there are some Muslims in my school. And what about the atheists. Now at that point I was already rolling my eyes but when he started complaining how science made pious people to leave the Christian faith the only Truth in the world I snapped. I got up and asked him how he knew that and why he thought he could understand this God's mind. And then I said that he might already be an atheist himself or at least he had doubts. Because if he didn't have them then why would he fear science? If he was convinced 100% that it were true surely he would believe science would one day prove God's existence

Good on ya.

What kind of school do you go to?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Religion in the classroom
You can say that it is a matter of interpretation of the bible. Catholics dont necessarily deny evolution or the big bang.
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Religion in the classroom
(12-09-2013 10:51 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  ...
The student replied, “My mother says on that day the devil has more power”.

My response was to reiterate, “Nothing different would happen than on any other day”. What else could you say to that?

You say that god wants you to have faith but the devil wants you to doubt.
There are more non-christians than christians on the planet so...

Tell your mother that EVERY day the devil has more power.

Then do an evil laugh and twiddle your mustache.

Find all posts by this user