Religion in the movies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Religion in the movies
(05-01-2014 11:33 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 06:52 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  You know, for some reason I never counted Life of Brian in my list of favourites! Shame on me.....

It actually never did much for me, either. I'm a big Monty Python fan, and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but Life of Brian just wasn't that funny. Comedy is hit or miss by nature, and for me that one was mostly a miss.

I always enjoyed Life of Brian. I just watched it not long ago and the comedy still holds up today.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 12:18 PM
(05-01-2014 12:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 11:33 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It actually never did much for me, either. I'm a big Monty Python fan, and the Holy Grail is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, but Life of Brian just wasn't that funny. Comedy is hit or miss by nature, and for me that one was mostly a miss.

I always enjoyed Life of Brian. I just watched it not long ago and the comedy still holds up today.

I'll have to watch it again one of these days. It was a long time ago, and my taste in humor may have changed. I have always liked Holy Grail, but the last time I watched it (just a year or two ago), I laughed at different parts of it than I used to back in the day.
05-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I love Life Of Brian! ... What have the Romans ever done for us?
Hahaha

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
05-01-2014, 12:27 PM
(24-08-2013 04:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Time Bandits

One of the best movies ever made Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM
(05-01-2014 12:22 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I love Life Of Brian! ... What have the Romans ever done for us?
Hahaha

Ok so other than the roads, the systemised legal framework, the safe streets, the education, the stable currency, the better healthcare and education, What have the Romans ever done for us?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-01-2014, 12:32 PM
(05-01-2014 12:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:22 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I love Life Of Brian! ... What have the Romans ever done for us?
Hahaha

Ok so other than the roads, the systemised legal framework, the safe streets, the education, the stable currency, the better healthcare and education, What have the Romans ever done for us?

erm.............. water.......... from point A to point B
LMAO

organizing a successful Navy.........
competent political structure..........

Oh I dunno

just sayin

05-01-2014, 12:36 PM
(05-01-2014 12:32 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 12:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Ok so other than the roads, the systemised legal framework, the safe streets, the education, the stable currency, the better healthcare and education, What have the Romans ever done for us?

erm.............. water.......... from point A to point B
LMAO

organizing a successful Navy.........
competent political structure..........

Oh I dunno

just sayin

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
05-01-2014, 12:46 PM
[Image: laughing-1.gif]

08-01-2014, 09:17 PM
(24-08-2013 01:59 PM)SpaceMonkey Wrote:  Anyone have any favourite religious based films?
Smile

I discovered "The Devil's Advocate," on my my fam's Al Pacino Night. I was at Blockbuster and found what came to be one of my favorite films of all time. I also enjoyed "Legion" and the "Prophecy Series" I own five of the prophecy films. Take a look a "Dogma," if you get the chance. It is quite funny although I suspect the believers probably find it offensive.

[Image: banner580x90_zpse43f1abd.png]
19-01-2014, 08:22 AM
I couldn't name a favourite, there are so many. But if it were for superstitious nonsense movies we far more boring. Now if only people could separate fantasy from fact.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard