"Religion is stupid, peoples not". I disagree

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2011, 03:10 PM
"Religion is stupid, peoples not". I disagree
My first post, be nice ni-san. English is my third language so please dont criticize too much on my grammer

This is in the FAQ section, and what the thinking atheist believe right?

I disagree, I think the statement is exactly opposite - People is stupid, religion is not.

We are primate, primate in nature tends to live in groups, and in order to have cooperating system, a leader is always essential. His job is give orders for the group to function - Female look after young, male go hunt. etc. In nature, the leader also takes the role of responsibility, and prove he is worthy to be the leader. If the leader become old, he will be suspended by his crew as that he can no longer take responsibility.

In human world, its not

As a leader in a group of homo-sapiens. Intelligence is essential (do not question about Kim Jon Il, he just look retarded bt hes actually very smart), as that we tends to out-wit our opponent rather than fight with fist (you heard than Martin SSempa). The homo-sapien leaders came up with a smart idea to make his people follow them - manipulation. Instead of showing our muscle and grins, homo-sapien leaders prefer to directly manipulate the brain of their people, through many things - Speech (Obama I need some change for bus), False hope (Communism), use of common ideas (Hitler, use the common hatred of the people), feeling of security (rich leader showing off money and military power), and last of all - Religion.

Religion to me - is a way of brainwashing someone, and make them to follow your step without any reason. Any creator of religion, and anyone who is able to manipulate people with religion is certainly NOT STUPID, it is already the use of higher intelligence among commoners. Therefore, religion on itself is not a stupid thing, its a powerful weapon that attacks human mind and can only be used by some very intelligent people(maybe except Martin SSempa, or is he just faking hes retarded so he can fit in with his people? )

This would make the believers - the victim, of less intelligence. Now, im not saying ALL common religious believers were dumb, but I am saying that they have not realize they been manipulated. To realize something is not entirely based on intelligence, but been intelligent can help you realize things faster.

So, if you believe in God, and help to chip in some penny to your sunday donation tray, or vote someone simply because he believe the same God, or stone some homosexuals because your God dont like them but yourself have nothing against them in person
- THEN YOU HAVE BEEN MANIPULATED BY AN ANCIENT PSYCHOLOGICAL WEAPON CALLED - RELIGION! (or pimping sometimes)

Religion is traps of mind, you have to be more stupid than the person who set them up - Adults are smarter than children, in order to manipulate their children (dont lie to mummy to make mummy's life easier, dont steal from daddy so daddy will always have money for his booze, dont masturbate so our maid dont have to wash your dirty pants all the time and save that time for blowjob on daddy), they set up "religion" in their mind. As the children grow up, some become more intelligent than their parents, break free the shackle of religion, and no longer be manipulated as that they are now smarter. Some, however, followed their parents, having the religion trapped in their mind in their head forever, and one day, teach their children the same thing, and for the same thing too perhaps?)

This reach to my conclusion - in order to be manipulate someone's brain, you have to be smarter than the target. Having them blindly follow your words and trick them into the trap. Some falls into the trap for some various reason, urges, lack of consideration, or simply thirsty begging for water or the missionary will let you die, or my friend who started going to Church so he can get his hand into the pants of a girl he likes. No matter what the reason - you fall for Religion. However, most people tend to break free of it as that their intelligence made them realize they have been manipulated and is not conformable with some church dude telling you what to do because some mystery bloke told him so.
and, for those who are just generally less intelligent, they never realized it, and they are not stupid?

PS - this applies to an open environment where there is a choice. eg. USA. The reason why most Arabs were religious is not because they are dumb, but they simply cannot realize due to the enviroment as that they never seen the alternative option.

My conclusion - Are religion stupid?

No - Religion cannot be measured by intelligence. The believers, however, can.
The ones who follow God for a clear, rational reason, are intelligent, the ones who follow God for no reason, or simply been told so - are not

I hope I made myself clear?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2011, 04:56 PM
RE: "Religion is stupid, peoples not". I disagree
I think you've got some very good points, though I might disagree that the religion itself isn't stupid. The founders might be of some intelligence in order to use it to manipulate the people, but some very stupid beliefs are part of religious doctrine (worldwide flood, creationism, etc). To me, this indicates that the creators are more charismatic and power hungry than they are intelligent.

Better without God, and happier too.
26-12-2011, 04:24 AM
(25-12-2011 03:10 PM)BlahBlokesBraBroke Wrote:  My first post, be nice ni-san. English is my third language so please dont criticize too much on my grammer
One of the very few words of Japanese I recognize. I only speak one language. I will be nice Smile

Quote:The ones who follow God for a clear, rational reason, are intelligent, the ones who follow God for no reason, or simply been told so - are not

I disagree with you Wink Religion has put thousands of years of effort into making a maze of logic and ideas which is *very hard* to disentangle yourself from. Sure, you can fall into a trap, but if you are born and grow up in a cage, to find the way out is much harder. Plenty of religious people I know, including my best friend, are extremely intelligent. I have argued for years with him back and forth, why does he accept this when to me it is an obvious lie, and every time he comes back with some answer... his way of thinking is just so different that I cannot connect. But independently, he's a very good engineer. So I know he's got the brains - it's just he uses them differently.
26-12-2011, 12:39 PM
(26-12-2011 04:24 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 03:10 PM)BlahBlokesBraBroke Wrote:  My first post, be nice ni-san. English is my third language so please dont criticize too much on my grammer
One of the very few words of Japanese I recognize. I only speak one language. I will be nice Smile

Quote:The ones who follow God for a clear, rational reason, are intelligent, the ones who follow God for no reason, or simply been told so - are not

I disagree with you Wink Religion has put thousands of years of effort into making a maze of logic and ideas which is *very hard* to disentangle yourself from. Sure, you can fall into a trap, but if you are born and grow up in a cage, to find the way out is much harder. Plenty of religious people I know, including my best friend, are extremely intelligent. I have argued for years with him back and forth, why does he accept this when to me it is an obvious lie, and every time he comes back with some answer... his way of thinking is just so different that I cannot connect. But independently, he's a very good engineer. So I know he's got the brains - it's just he uses them differently.

Agreed. Many of the religious people I know are not stupid. People often have the false sense that they are in complete control of their minds, when in reality minds can be manipulated the same way anything else can.
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post