Religion or God or Man????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Exclamation Religion or God or Man????
[NOTE: I dont really expect anyone to read this its just a thought.]
Ok I talk to people all the time and they tell me that they need to go to church every week to stay close to god.
Yet i dont understand why theres churches and different gods and religion. I mean my mom wishes i had died when i got abused because in her religion it teaches that if your not in the religion and refuse it you shall die and not go to paradise. I told her mom how can you wish me death? I am a survivor. I then told her you dont need church to be close to god. I told her church is just a place where people go to show off their faith or show off how "close they are to god". She told me that Jesus congregate and that she needed to be like Jesus. I then told her that Jesus didnt always congregate he was alone in the desert and was still close to god. She stayed silent and told me that the reason im atheist is because of the abuse and i laughed and told her she knows nothing about me. I been questioning from a small age and i was always told to be submissive to god because question was bad.
Anyways im rambling im sorry
But what i dont understand is why certin people believe fully on religion and man.
But then they say they need to be like Jesus.
Ok the way Jesus is based on the what i have read is a being who listen to his father and came down here and was humble and a teacher and he felt saddness when people died and let himself be killed.
[I dont expect people to let them selves be killed >_> ]
But the people at the churches are blinded by the elders or pastors. If something bad happens its like they lose sense of right and wrong and follow blindly to that man/women and then they say there obeying god. How are you obeying god? "God is a bipolar type being". (i'm bipolar so no im not insulting bipolar people)

I just dont know. This probably seems like a big mess of words but it was a little thought i had. I dont believe in god because i dont believe in other mythical creatures. I believe questions always have answer. Religion never has answers. Religion brings fake faith to people and contradictions but so does god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ducky_Van_Octi's post
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
RE: Religion or God or Man????
"I don't really expect anyone to read this..."

Me: "Alright then." (Clicks back button)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 6 users Like Buddy Christ's post
10-02-2012, 10:11 PM
To be honest I gave up trying to understand the mindset of religious people a long time ago. It's like trying to fathom the thought processes of a psychopath, practically impossible. My entire family are religious and through talking to them about religion I've come to the conclusion that they will do any mental gymnastics necessary to protect their belief and most of the time you can't follow the logic to understand the belief because there's simply no logic there to follow. It's why my family dismiss evolution because of 'lack of evidence' yet still believe in a supernatural being who created the world and then went on some huge unnecessary mindfuck mission based on no real evidence.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
10-02-2012, 10:19 PM
(10-02-2012 10:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  To be honest I gave up trying to understand the mindset of religious people a long time ago. It's like trying to fathom the thought processes of a psychopath, practically impossible. My entire family are religious and through talking to them about religion I've come to the conclusion that they will do any mental gymnastics necessary to protect their belief and most of the time you can't follow the logic to understand the belief because there's simply no logic there to follow. It's why my family dismiss evolution because of 'lack of evidence' yet still believe in a supernatural being who created the world and then went on some huge unnecessary mindfuck mission based on no real evidence.

i never thought of it that way. Thank you Smile
10-02-2012, 10:25 PM
(10-02-2012 10:19 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  i never thought of it that way. Thank you Smile

Glad to be of help Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
11-02-2012, 02:05 AM
I rack my brain at times trying to figure out why the devout are so blind (I like to look at all sides of an argument before making my own conclusion) and cannot come to any rational conclusion. We, as a society denounce communist indoctrination but stand idly by as innocent people are brainwashed through church in the very same fashion. The radicals we see and hear on the air waves follow the Cliff Notes KJB, they pick and choose which verses they want to build their life on. I've already accepted the fact that I'm going to Hell in every religion, and I'm sure the flames will tickle.
11-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Sadly you'll never reach your mom through bible logic since she knows you're not with her in the religion. Only those in her club can comprehend the bible. She was indocrinated just as hard as she tried with you by either this religion or the one she had before converting. You just happen to be more interested with learning, but then women are now taught that learning isn't such a bad thing. Not too long ago learning was a sure way for a woman to end up poor and alone cause a man wants a good wife >.>

The basic answer is in the lord's prayer. "If I die before I wake" is something that children are taught to say before bed each night. Not being given this to say most 5 year olds would never imagine dieing while asleep. Fear forces humans to seek answers especially unprepared ones. A 5 year old is not ready to deal with the fear of death. Sadly when you get older you still hold a lot of opinions you held when you were 5 years old, because your decisions on those matters were made before your later logic became ingrained in your psyche. Most people do not recheck their logic throughout their lives, and each thing they think is dated to whatever they believed at the time they made the decision.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-02-2012, 03:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 11:04 AM by ShirubaDangan.)
I believe in man. We need to abandon these ridiculous ideas of the supernatural and try to believe in ourselves as a species. We can accomplish so much but religion only stunts our growth in intelligence. Ideas with backing like evolution and the big bang theory are being pushed aside by a fairy tale of a middle eastern hippie who could perform magic tricks.

Are we so backward minded that we need to continue to hold onto the simple answer for anything?

Your question about the branches of different religions stem from what others wanted within their faith. I believe Mormonism was for men to gain polygamous marriage, Catholicism wanted young boys/ I mean money!! And Islam wanted pure control of everything within life. Each religion is the same as it wants power.

Your mother sounds terrible from that remark and if she believes you should have died from any kind of abuse than how could she ever consider herself a heavenly person with that sort of mindset. It is this mindset that has led to wars, discrimination and inequality.

She needs to believe in herself and not some god. If God would damn a loving, peaceful person too any damnation but not a murderer or rapist after a deathbed conversion. I would gladly burn in hell because of that injustice.

I believe people believe in religion because of our fear of death. They tell you that you will burn for eternity. That is their 'fear'. What they truly fear is that absolutely nothing happens after you've passed away. That frightens many and choosing to believe in a place among the clouds with family can calm those feelings.

Religion doesn't offer answers too me. It can to others and I'm glad it would help them. The problem is they try to force it among everyone and it is at that point which conflict begins. God is definitely someone who can't seem to choose between either hating us or 'loving' us(Which usually involves more hate)

I'm glad you opened up to us and understand your disbelief in mythical creatures. Just remember to believe in the one true fairy tale, the flying spaghetti monster and you will be saved. You also don't have to be like Jesus to be a good person. If Jesus truly saw what he had caused I would believe he would truly question his decisions.

I hope things go well for you and you decide to share more information in the future.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 5 users Like ShirubaDangan's post
11-02-2012, 06:26 PM
(10-02-2012 09:40 PM)Ducky_Van_Octi Wrote:  (i'm bipolar so no im not insulting bipolar people)

Ummm ... some of us actually prefer the more descriptive "manic depression" to some pussified euphemism.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Read about cognitive dissonance Ducky. It might not make sense at the current moment but it’s an important puzzle piece in understanding the religious and their behaviour.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 3 users Like Observer's post