Religion or Happiness?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2012, 11:54 AM
RE: Religion or Happiness?
She has more options than the one's being brought up. If you are willing to stand up for who you are, and what you want then you should. If your parents decide that they are going to forcibly "fix" you in the church, then report them. It is abuse to force someone against their will in anything, and that includes faith. Playing the time card until you can move out can be effective, but when weighing your options I would consider your wellbeing top priority before you father's feelings.

The biggest dilemma I see here is the fear of losing family. I have been there with my own secularism, and I can honestly say I cannot relate. As soon as my family wanted to be ugly about it, I gave them the finger and told them all they could piss off. Many of these situations remind me of battered wife stories, and I have a hard time putting myself in their position. It was easy for me to dismiss those that supposedly loved me, but then treated me so horribly. I found for many of my christian family members, unconditional love had very strict conditions.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes arbmouser's post