Religion provides comfort to a world gone mad!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Religion provides comfort to a world gone mad!
(08-04-2017 04:44 PM)unsapien Wrote:  And hopefully...

3: He probably is weak enough in his new faith that he wouldn't physically assault you if he ever found out.

Maybe we can never get rid of religions completely, but maybe... hopefully we can at least make them lazy or weak about it.

Oh he knows. I tell him every time. I do my best not to fuck with him about his religion but sometimes it's just too easy. He only changed so he could get laid by his wife. That's it. If you're that weak I've little respect for someone will not stand up for their beliefs (absurd as they may be). He doesn't even know how the Seventh Day Adventist church was founded. He just follows because his wife told him to.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2017, 05:04 PM
(08-04-2017 04:43 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  NOTE TO ANY CREATORS OF NEW RELIGIONS OUT THERE: Don't choose an animal as your "holy" icon that is in any way edible. Pick something that most people aren't gonna wanna fuck with... like a great white shark, or a scorpion or something.

I have a question, as a Pastafarian is pizza forbidden? Because if it is then fuck Pastafarianism, I’ll go find another religion.

I guess it would depend if you're a fundamentalist Pastafarian or a more like a cultural Pastafarian. My older son is a fundamentalist Parmesan-ist Pastafarian, I've been a bit more of a lapsed Parmesan-ist Pastafarian these days, but I do tend to lean heavily towards the more meatballitarianist sect of Pastafarianism.

Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
08-04-2017, 05:05 PM
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 02:53 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I thought it was the Hindus who weren't supposed to eat beef. Blink

That's actually the point of the article, the Muslim guy is okay with eating beef, he was beaten to death by Hindus who want to force their "holy cow" beliefs on everyone else. As if there aren't enough stupid things to fight over.

NOTE TO ANY CREATORS OF NEW RELIGIONS OUT THERE: Don't choose an animal as your "holy" icon that is in any way edible. Pick something that most people aren't gonna wanna fuck with... like a great white shark, or a scorpion or something.

How about Smoking Scorpions? Facepalm
[url=http://www.odditycentral.com/news/smoking-scorpions-in-south-asia-a-dangerous-addiction.html][/url]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
08-04-2017, 05:10 PM
(08-04-2017 04:23 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  That's actually the point of the article, the Muslim guy is okay with eating beef, he was beaten to death by Hindus who want to force their "holy cow" beliefs on everyone else. As if there aren't enough stupid things to fight over.

NOTE TO ANY CREATORS OF NEW RELIGIONS OUT THERE: Don't choose an animal as your "holy" icon that is in any way edible. Pick something that most people aren't gonna wanna fuck with... like a great white shark, or a scorpion or something.

That reminds me. We have a guy at our Fire Station that converted to seventh day Adventist because his wife made him. He was a baptist before that. Now he won't eat bacon and other shit because of it. This tells me two things.

1: He was not very strong in his original faith to be so easily swayed

2: He is weak for not standing up for his belief system (flawed as it may be)

So now I make it a point to put bacon grease in most everything we cook so he's going to hell by proxy.

Laugh out load I gave you a rep point just for the bacon grease bit. Laugh out load Thumbsup Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-04-2017, 05:21 PM
(08-04-2017 05:05 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  That's actually the point of the article, the Muslim guy is okay with eating beef, he was beaten to death by Hindus who want to force their "holy cow" beliefs on everyone else. As if there aren't enough stupid things to fight over.

How about Smoking Scorpions? Facepalm
http://www.odditycentral.com/news/smokin...ction.html

You know you read something like that and your first thought might be...who the hell is that stupid? Or maybe "sounds like fake news". But then you think....oh...right...humans... Facepalm

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
08-04-2017, 06:03 PM
Quote:He only changed so he could get laid

Out of all the reasons I've ever heard to adopt a religion that's probably the best.
[+] 7 users Like I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 07:04 PM
(08-04-2017 06:03 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
Quote:He only changed so he could get laid

Out of all the reasons I've ever heard to adopt a religion that's probably the best.

There is a bit of truth in that I suppose lol.

Thing is... He knows absolutely nothing about the religion itself. I've talked to him many times about it and he doesn't even know anything about the Millerites. I asked him how you can believe something and you don't even know the beginnings of how your church was founded and that Jesus was supposed to return during the mid 1800's? It's a sad fact when I know more about his religion than he does yet he clings onto it as if it is the complete and utter truth and there is no other truth.

08-04-2017, 07:11 PM
(08-04-2017 07:04 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 06:03 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Out of all the reasons I've ever heard to adopt a religion that's probably the best.

There is a bit of truth in that I suppose lol.

Thing is... He knows absolutely nothing about the religion itself. I've talked to him many times about it and he doesn't even know anything about the Millerites. I asked him how you can believe something and you don't even know the beginnings of how your church was founded and that Jesus was supposed to return during the mid 1800's? It's a sad fact when I know more about his religion than he does yet he clings onto it as if it is the complete and utter truth and there is no other truth.

He knows how good that pussy feels lol
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 07:18 PM
(08-04-2017 07:11 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 07:04 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  There is a bit of truth in that I suppose lol.

He knows how good that pussy feels lol

That's really where he found god, oh god, oh god, ooohh gaawwwd...
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
08-04-2017, 07:21 PM
(08-04-2017 07:18 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 07:11 PM)ImFred Wrote:  He knows how good that pussy feels lol

That's really where he found god, oh god, oh god, ooohh gaawwwd...

If I'm completely honest... I think I've said that many times in the past now that I think about it. Lol.... wonder why that is???