Religion provides comfort to a world gone mad!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Religion provides comfort to a world gone mad!
I'm glad I'm about to make a hamburger with a nice juicy home-made thick beef patty.
Hindu's are just as bad as Muslims. The difference is that Hindu's at least keep their crazy bullshit inside India where as Islam is far more widespread.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-04-2017, 08:15 PM
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  NOTE TO ANY CREATORS OF NEW RELIGIONS OUT THERE: Don't choose an animal as your "holy" icon that is in any way edible. Pick something that most people aren't gonna wanna fuck with... like a great white shark, or a scorpion or something.
Skunk, common house fly, cockroach?

Great white shark is actually quite tasty. It's where the phrase "man eating shark" comes from. Drinking Beverage

I think the Polynesians worship the shark. I wonder if they would kill you for eating one.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
08-04-2017, 08:21 PM
(08-04-2017 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm glad I'm about to make a hamburger with a nice juicy home-made thick beef patty.
Hindu's are just as bad as Muslims. The difference is that Hindu's at least keep their crazy bullshit inside India where as Islam is far more widespread.

That was a considerable difference on 9/11. One group worships cows and the other sort of like kills a lot people wherever they go. Not that I would advocate discrimination against individuals but some belief systems are worse than others. The proof is in the pudding, I'm afraid.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 08:29 PM
(08-04-2017 08:21 PM)ImFred Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm glad I'm about to make a hamburger with a nice juicy home-made thick beef patty.

That was a considerable difference on 9/11. One group worships cows and the other sort of like kills a lot people wherever they go. Not that I would advocate discrimination against individuals but some belief systems are worse than others. The proof is in the pudding, I'm afraid.

And Hindu's don't kill people?
This thread is about a dude being beaten to death by a bunch of Hindu's for religious purposes. Just because Hindu's don't orchestrate things such as 9/11, which I would put down largely partially as a result of US meddling in Middle Eastern affairs over the course of last century and not so much down to Islam itself, doesn't mean Hindu's don't do fucked up shit in the name of their Gods on a daily bases.

You only need to watch a half baked documentary on the untouchable class in India to see what I'm talking about. An entire 'class' of people treated like absolute filth because of religion. One or two gets killed? who cares, the judges and police certainly don't.

The big difference between Hinduism and Islam is that at least there is outcry regarding Islam's treatment of women now. There's little to no outcry over the way India treats members of its society because of Hinduism.

Not to mention, Hinduism is a fucking stupid religion.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-04-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah. I've traveled through places where that caste system is in effect. I might be under selling the problems with Hinduism but you'll never convince me it's as bad as Islam. Even in India alone Islam accounts for more mayhem than every other belief system combined. A dude getting killed over a hamburger doesn't change that.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
08-04-2017, 09:03 PM
I would like to start a cow protection club.
We can sit in the pasture and read them books, and do udder stuff.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-04-2017, 09:50 PM
(08-04-2017 09:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would like to start a cow protection club.

Well played Thumbsup

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
08-04-2017, 09:52 PM
(08-04-2017 09:50 PM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 09:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would like to start a cow protection club.

Well played Thumbsup

He's just milking the whole cow thing for bad puns.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
08-04-2017, 10:21 PM
(08-04-2017 04:44 PM)ImFred Wrote:  This might be unpopular to say but Islam and Christianity are far more menacing than Hinduism and Buddhism. India is already extremely multicultural so I get that they have to accept the cultures that are already entrenched. I've been to India and my impression is that Indians are actually much more tolerant of religious diversity than America. Imagine an upper middle class American neighborhood being woken up at 4 AM every morning by a Muslim minority's call to prayer. Myanmar though. I get why they wouldn't want Islam expanding there. With all of the problems they have I'm willing to ignore how they go about weeding out Islam. I'm not saying it's right or I agree with it. I'm just saying equal rights for Muslims in Myanmar isn't at the top of my list. I get that Myanmar doesn't want to be a North Korean/Pakistani hybrid.

If you live in India, militant Hinduism can be as dangerous as ISIL. They have killed Christian missionaries. And Muslims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saffron_terror

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie
08-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Photo RE: Religion provides comfort to a world gone mad!
(08-04-2017 04:12 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 02:53 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I thought it was the Hindus who weren't supposed to eat beef. Blink

That's actually the point of the article, the Muslim guy is okay with eating beef, he was beaten to death by Hindus who want to force their "holy cow" beliefs on everyone else. As if there aren't enough stupid things to fight over.

NOTE TO ANY CREATORS OF NEW RELIGIONS OUT THERE: Don't choose an animal as your "holy" icon that is in any way edible. Pick something that most people aren't gonna wanna fuck with... like a great white shark, or a scorpion or something.

Google scorpions on a stick.
Scratch that one.

When I shake my ignore file, I can hear them buzzing!

Cheerful Charlie