Religion's Deterrence Through Television

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 10:57 AM by Matthew Laramore.)
Religion's Deterrence Through Television
Today I will discuss religion’s impact to the world through television, or I should phrase it as television’s impact on religion. We’ve all seen it, it’s not a camouflaged medium. I can remember as a boy my mother often cited the sitcom “Touched by an Angel” as a reference medium to deter me from what you see today.

There is a reality in the universe of television that we have come to design through the art of computer generated forgery, and religion has wasted no cent into using it to advance it’s mysterious foundations. A televised miniseries on Jesus’s life, titled simply “Jesus” is where I would like to mark where Christianity became absurd enough to masquerade its own moral authority under the practice of eye candy brainwashing.

I began witnessing people wearing propaganda shirts that retained their own innocence by promoting the said film “Jesus” whilst the individual wearing it would rob it of such innocence by promoting that Jeremy Sisto, the man who portrayed the biblical Jewish leader, was the actual cross bearer. An interesting scene in the film portrays Satan as he temps Jesus in the desert as a man in a red dress, and Satan lays claim to every war mankind will ever partake in. Interesting how when George Bush declared war on Iraq the Christian population used God as the reason and called it a blessing.

7th Heaven has built many walls around the many atrocities of what defines an American family, but what they all have in common is a: they all are religion based, no if and or butts and b: they still require gravity to stand at the same time. It is not difficult to distinguish love from hate in a modern society where though secularism is a primate to a nations spine and brain, religion still assumes control over the genitals and willpower.

Television has become the portal to the dimensions of foreign impression. What is a noun in the real world becomes a verbal affair in the world of television. Although it is fortunate that many of the televised ministry masses remain a secular affair in the world of television, the celebrity occult groups….evangelicals remain a constant character of annoyance to the nighttime lineup of most major networks.

Billy Graham, and his anti-Semitism has transformed singlehandedly what makes television equally enjoyable for everybody involved and molded it into a division for those ready to be rendered and ready to be categorized. Television has certainly impacted the routines of religiosity as much as it has occupied the time of a sports fan.

The discerned principles of legitimate faith have been enslaved when either a certain series benefits it or another gives it a reason to force it to. For example, Charmed leaves little impact with its witchcraft dabbling after the Wizard of Oz in 1939, the modern day portrayal of witchcraft does not present the proper medium for empty coercion.

Over the years I have began to construct more mere respect for those who do not favor their time for television at all than those who define it as life’s routine opportunity. The advantage of reality is still significant to the televised metaphor. It has built a wall of lies for us and a world of pure fantasy for much of Christianity. Joyce Meyer is great example of a minister who abuses television to portray herself as a stand-up comedian more than the time she preaches. Living Bread Fellowship in Washington, MO (my home city) pretends by scattering monitors around the mass that they are on television even though the Pastor Brian Bohrer is but 50 to 100 feet away.

A few years ago I remember a Mormon ad discussing the similarities in the fates of those who are living and those who die. It’s key point at scaring you into it’s ever so-welcoming arms was a fly, and the words “What happened to the fly can happen to you. Oh yes it can.”

I should point out that I still see these people propoganding actors as the real Jesus on their clothing, only in today’s society it’s from Mel Gibson’s theatrical film “The Passion of the Christ”. “Jesus” has seemingly long since died off.

-ML

What is your perception of religion's influence through television?

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply