Religion's cloak of racist and hate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Religion's cloak of racist and hate
This article appears on a right leaning news site. I find it interesting for the comments there. Many hate filled comments against homosexual couples. They hide behind religion as an excuse for it. Truly disgusting.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blatantl...ay-couple/

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 01:21 PM
RE: Religion's cloak of racist and hate
(27-08-2012 01:08 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  This article appears on a right leaning news site. I find it interesting for the comments there. Many hate filled comments against homosexual couples. They hide behind religion as an excuse for it. Truly disgusting.

In debating about the inconsisticies in the bible, a guy told me this gobbledygook.

Oh boy. Here's another one trying to throw Scripture back in our faces. Just like Obamajinadab tried to do, but only showed his own ignorance of Scripture hermeneutics. To say that there is a lot in the Bible that is contrary is to say that you, in fact, know very little about it or its Author. Scriptural synergy demands that individual Bible passages may never be interpreted in such a way as to conflict with the whole of Scripture. The biblical interpreter must keep in mind that all Scripture, though communicated through various human instruments, has one single Author. And that Author (God) does not contradict Himself nor does He confuse His servants.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2012, 01:46 PM
(27-08-2012 01:21 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 01:08 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  This article appears on a right leaning news site. I find it interesting for the comments there. Many hate filled comments against homosexual couples. They hide behind religion as an excuse for it. Truly disgusting.

In debating about the inconsisticies in the bible, a guy told me this gobbledygook.

Oh boy. Here's another one trying to throw Scripture back in our faces. Just like Obamajinadab tried to do, but only showed his own ignorance of Scripture hermeneutics. To say that there is a lot in the Bible that is contrary is to say that you, in fact, know very little about it or its Author. Scriptural synergy demands that individual Bible passages may never be interpreted in such a way as to conflict with the whole of Scripture. The biblical interpreter must keep in mind that all Scripture, though communicated through various human instruments, has one single Author. And that Author (God) does not contradict Himself nor does He confuse His servants.

So...before you read the Bible, you must sign an agreement that you will not try to find any contradictory statements because we said so.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
27-08-2012, 01:52 PM
(27-08-2012 01:21 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  And that Author (God) does not contradict Himself nor does He confuse His servants.

So if you're confused, you are not his servant. Actually I'm cool with that.

Certainty FTW. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-08-2012, 01:55 PM
(27-08-2012 01:21 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  The biblical interpreter must keep in mind that all Scripture, though communicated through various human instruments, has one single Author. And that Author (God) does not contradict Himself nor does He confuse His servants.
There are actually people who are convinced that god himself wrote the Bible? Shocking

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
27-08-2012, 01:59 PM
(27-08-2012 01:55 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 01:21 PM)FaceOfBoe Wrote:  The biblical interpreter must keep in mind that all Scripture, though communicated through various human instruments, has one single Author. And that Author (God) does not contradict Himself nor does He confuse His servants.
There are actually people who are convinced that god himself wrote the Bible? Shocking

With the finger that wasn't in his ass. And also wasn't in his nose. He's flexible like that.
27-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Yes we know what it's like debating these guys. If it's a contradiction we are taking it out of context, or it's a "metaphor"

But if they are in church and they hear their pastor take something out of context like John 3:16 it's perfectly fine....

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post