Religion serves a useful survival purpose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: Religion serves a useful survival purpose
(18-08-2014 05:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 05:41 PM)Leo Wrote:  Well. Let's see. Mozart Link is the atheist forums.com troll cage ( the purgatory ) . He was banned from atheist forums.org . His banning from this site will be very sweet.TongueTongue

If you haven't noticed, this is where the rejects from other atheist forums are allowed to spew their crap everywhere. It's a rule - no one else wants to put up with your shit - TTA will take you aboard and you will be protected.

If by "protected" you mean "I ridicule you long time" then yes.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-08-2014, 06:16 PM
(18-08-2014 04:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 04:46 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  Pleasure is what encourages us as human species to survive. This is a scientific fact. If there are means of achieving pleasure that don't serve as a survival mechanism, then, again, why would we even receive pleasure from such things in the first place? Evolution would obviously deem those things as useless and not even encourage us through pleasure to survive through these delusions.

All right, now you're just dicking with me 'cause nobody can be this fucking stupid.

That sounds like a challenge! I think I will take that but first I have to put a fork in a light socket.
18-08-2014, 06:22 PM
(18-08-2014 06:16 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 04:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  All right, now you're just dicking with me 'cause nobody can be this fucking stupid.

That sounds like a challenge! I think I will take that but first I have to put a fork in a light socket.

With your tongue. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Mods, clean up on aisle 2!

This thread is nearly identical to his previous one where many posters attempted to give him the benefit of the doubt and have this conversation. So why start another? Make your points and defend your position right there!

Spam. Troll. EABOD.
18-08-2014, 08:43 PM
(18-08-2014 04:08 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  For those of you who think that Heroin is completely useless, pleasure is something meant for survival. Therefore, if you receive pleasure from Heroin, this is obviously a survival mechanism. If it were truly something useless, then why would we even receive pleasure from these things in the first place? Evolution would obviously deem those things as useless and not even encourage us through pleasure to survive through the use of Heroin.

Your argument is fucking stupid. Further more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure_ce...xperiments

Dumb ass.
18-08-2014, 08:52 PM
(18-08-2014 04:08 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  For those of you who think that religion is completely useless, pleasure is something meant for survival. Therefore, if you receive pleasure from delusional fantasies (religion and such), this is obviously a survival mechanism. If it were truly something useless, then why would we even receive pleasure from these things in the first place? Evolution would obviously deem those things as useless and not even encourage us through pleasure to survive through these delusions.

So you are saying Humans can't survive unless they delude themselves. Sounds autobiographical to me.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
18-08-2014, 09:32 PM
(18-08-2014 08:43 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 04:08 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  For those of you who think that Heroin is completely useless, pleasure is something meant for survival. Therefore, if you receive pleasure from Heroin, this is obviously a survival mechanism. If it were truly something useless, then why would we even receive pleasure from these things in the first place? Evolution would obviously deem those things as useless and not even encourage us through pleasure to survive through the use of Heroin.

Your argument is fucking stupid. Further more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure_ce...xperiments

Dumb ass.
Well, let me just conclude that I am a feeling type person rather than someone who pursues knowledge and such and pursues knowledge of facts of reality at the expense of a personal feeling I value so much through my hedonism (pleasure). I am someone who solely focuses on and expresses this particular emotion through composing music and such. I would gladly risk horrible things to happen to me as long as it would mean keeping my pleasure and having more pleasure in life.
18-08-2014, 09:55 PM
So you acknowledge that your OP was wrong then?
18-08-2014, 09:57 PM
(18-08-2014 09:32 PM)Mozart Link Wrote:  I would gladly risk horrible things to happen to me as long as it would mean keeping my pleasure and having more pleasure in life.

This is among the stupidest fucking thing you have written so far. Congratulations.
18-08-2014, 10:16 PM
(18-08-2014 09:55 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So you acknowledge that your OP was wrong then?
Yes, but I do not feel any humiliation or any negative emotion from being wrong. I'm just interested to find out that, for once, I have been proven and convinced that I am wrong. I think this would be because others here have scientifically disproven what I said here in saying that it is not a survival mechanism, but rather something else. But since there is no way you can scientifically disprove hedonism or any personal opinions you have, this is the reason why I still preserve my views on pleasure being the most important thing and that my choice in deciding to risk horrible things to happen to me is well justified. This is not only something I would say, but hedonism itself would say the same thing as well as other people who are hedonists.