Religion serves a useful survival purpose

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 12:39 AM
RE: Religion serves a useful survival purpose
How is religion useful to survival when it (most of the time) trivializes life?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 12:44 AM
(19-08-2014 12:36 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 12:27 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Word saaaaaaaaaaalad! Also a load of bullshit with holes big enough to drive a truck through.
So we come to the question as to whether morality is objective or subjective.

No we fucking don't dick head. Seeing how you chose to ignore it let me repeat myself.

I'm going to illustrate how your stupid sounds to me.

You: "It's a scientific fact that Dogs are made up of tiny microscopic cats. Therefor dogs are in fact cats."
Me: "Dogs are not made up of tiny cats, they are made up out of atoms. Here are some sources"
You: " I admit that at I am wrong, dogs are not made up out of cats. However dogs are still totally cats because reasons."

This is EXACTLY how you sound, and it's fucking stupid because you can only be doing one of two things.

1.) You are establishing a premise using it to come to a conclusion but you are refusing to adjust your conclusion when your premise is invalidated which results in a fuck you never use the word science again.

2.) You have decided on a conclusion without a justifying premise so you are fabricating them to maintain you desired conclusion which results in a FUCK YOU never use any words ahving to do with science ever again.

It does not matter however which it is cause the answer is the same. Fuck you.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-08-2014, 12:59 AM
(19-08-2014 12:44 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 12:36 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  So we come to the question as to whether morality is objective or subjective.

No we fucking don't dick head. Seeing how you chose to ignore it let me repeat myself.

You: "It's a scientific fact that Dogs are made up of tiny microscopic cats. Therefor dogs are in fact cats."
Me: "Dogs are not made up of tiny cats, they are made up out of atoms. Here are some sources"
You: " I admit that at I am wrong, dogs are not made up out of cats. However dogs are still totally cats because reasons."

This is EXACTLY how you sound, and it's fucking stupid because you can only be doing one of two things.

1.) You are establishing a premise using it to come to a conclusion but you are refusing to adjust your conclusion when your premise is invalidated which results in a fuck you never use the word science again.

2.) You have decided on a conclusion without a justifying premise so you are fabricating them to maintain you desired conclusion which results in a FUCK YOU never use any words ahving to do with science ever again.

Again, what were your sources against my views on pleasure (hedonism) so that I can determine whether they are morals or scientific facts?
19-08-2014, 01:25 AM
(19-08-2014 12:59 AM)Mozart Link Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 12:44 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No we fucking don't dick head. Seeing how you chose to ignore it let me repeat myself.

Again, what were your sources against my views on pleasure (hedonism) so that I can determine whether they are morals or scientific facts?

Whatever method you choose to order your life by is entirely up to you. You're not "wrong", we just don't care.
19-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Why would I give sources to a person who does not use them? Why would I offer up scientific facts or try to use science to convince someone who does not use science, does not respect science, who considers knowledge as inferior to "feelings"?

How can I convince you with facts when you don't value them at all?
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
19-08-2014, 06:03 AM
(19-08-2014 01:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why would I give sources to a person who does not use them? Why would I offer up scientific facts or try to use science to convince someone who does not use science, does not respect science, who considers knowledge as inferior to "feelings"?

That right there folks, we have a winner.

I want to lock Link and Lumi in a room together, just to see which one either murders the other first, or which is the first to slip into a catatonic state.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
19-08-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 10:40 AM by Mozart Link.)
(19-08-2014 01:39 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why would I give sources to a person who does not use them? Why would I offer up scientific facts or try to use science to convince someone who does not use science, does not respect science, who considers knowledge as inferior to "feelings"?

Because of the fact that I have been convinced that my opening post here in this topic was wrong because of others here presenting scientific facts against what I said. If you were to present such scientific facts against my views regarding pleasure, I would be convinced. However, that would be unlikely to change how I feel as a person since I am just too much of a human being who is "superior" for having such a high value towards pleasure over not having it for the sake of knowledge or for anything else in life for that matter. Even if there were scientific facts proving that I'm neither superior or "too much of a human being" either, that would still not change how I feel. But, again, I would be convinced that I am wrong though. I realize that, even feelings themselves are science (neurological processes in the brain) and that there could very well be scientific facts proving that my feelings are wrong. But, once again, even though I would be convinced that my feelings are wrong if such scientific facts were to be presented to me, that would still not change how I feel as a person.

I do have respect for science, but only when it comes to my precious feeling of pleasure not being devalued or me as a person being devalued through scientific messages such as that "I am not that special or significant in this universe" or any such message. I know that many people do embrace and feel empowered by that message, but not me. I, instead, use science for selfish purpose to increase my pleasure and sense of self-empowerment in life and I will twist scientific messages such as the ones stated in quotes to suit my selfish gain. So therefore:

The prefrontal cortex is a higher evolved part of the brain that is responsible for experiences of pleasure. Therefore, pleasure is a highly evolved function of the brain (along with intelligence since intelligence is also part of this brain region as well). So I can choose which one of these highly evolved traits to value more in my life (in this case, pleasure) and it will be just as good (if not better) than those who choose to value intelligence instead since they are both amazing highly evolved traits of this brain region. Therefore, instead of being someone humble who gives my power over to life itself through intelligence by saying something such as "This universe is so amazing and we are so insignificant in it," I will instead make use of pleasure and become someone very proud and self-centered by bestowing all the power of this universe upon myself and giving myself insane highly evolved "powers" (feelings of pleasure) of self-glory and enlightenment.
19-08-2014, 10:49 AM
"I have lots of respect for science when it does not disagree with my baseless assertions."

You have no respect for it at all.
19-08-2014, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2014 11:20 AM by Mozart Link.)
(19-08-2014 10:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  "I have lots of respect for science when it does not disagree with my baseless assertions."

You have no respect for it at all.
Now let's pretend that a beautiful young innocent girl said the message that "This universe is so amazing and we are so insignificant in it," this would not bother me at all and I would respect and find that message to be beautiful since a different personality has been given to that message (the personality of a beautiful innocent girl). But if there is someone who just states the cold hard truth of reality, that gives it the personality I hate and don't respect at all. I find that reality itself has this personality I hate and is a cold hard truth and a demeaning world of inevitable suffering.
19-08-2014, 12:03 PM
And again the whole "pleasure is better than being smart" thing you post every five days.

Thank you. See you again in five days with the same thread just worded differently.

Now go away
[+] 4 users Like Zippo's post