Religion; what's the harm?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Religion; what's the harm?
I think i just found one of the best examples i have ever seen about the harm of religion:

This is from the user ItsTheSuperFly (atheist, great channel) to Jesusfreak777, and what Jesusfreak777 said in his video was so disturbing i just had to share it here.

Also, a longer response from rednecktrucker1969, which i found to be a bit better.
Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2010, 08:57 PM
RE: Religion; what's the harm?
I haven't watched the response videos, just read some of the comments...

All I can say is 'wow'...

Brings to mind the story of Abraham and Isaac. How many theists would admit to this type of action if their 'god' commanded it? How many would push back and say 'no'?

There is absolutely NO situation in the world, no person/entity/ruler etc. that would convince me that killing my children is a 'must'. I value my kids life more than my own. If the situation EVER arose where it was save myself or save my kids, HANDS DOWN my kids would be the ones saved...NO QUESTION...NO DOUBT...

I am an atheist, but it is the story of Abraham that COMPLETELY turned me off from believing that the bible is the inerrant word of god.

I think each atheist should take this example as an argument against theists. Ask them the simple question:

"If god came to you and said 'I want you to sacrifice your children to me', would you do it?" If not, then why? If the reasoning is because 'it is wrong', then you don't get your morality from the bible.

On the flip side, if you said 'yes', then don't be left alone with the kids. Exclamation
Quote this message in a reply