Religions that you respect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2016, 09:22 AM
RE: Religions that you respect
(16-08-2016 08:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  There are religious people that i respect, but there are no religions that I respect.

^This.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
16-08-2016, 09:33 AM
There's some really nice religious people....

But, there isn't one single religion that's worth a warm bucket of spit.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-08-2016, 09:38 AM
I don't respect religions, any more than I respect rocks.

I can respect some religious people and in particular how they interpret or live out their religion, just as I can respect what a master sculptor can do with a big block of marble. But I do not respect the marble itself.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
16-08-2016, 09:40 AM
(16-08-2016 08:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  The topic of his thread is which religions do you respect and which religions do you hate ? From my perspective all religions are bullshit. But I don't think
all religions are the same. Some are dangerous , violent and poisonous. The religions that I respect or that I don't have a problem with them are : Buddhism , Judaism , Jainism and Easter orthodox Christians . The religions that I can't stand are ; the Roman Catholic Church , all Protestant denominations , Islam , Scientology and Hinduism( Hindus caste system is ridiculous and destructive to people ) . I can't comment about oriental orthodox Christians because I don't know much about them.

I can't respect mysticism in any form. The one I hate and despise the most though would be Islam. Christianity is wrong and dangerous in its way but Islam promotes force against non-believers. Christianity uses force to to convert but it is a threat that one must accept on faith. Islam promotes violence in this world, not in one to come after death. Also many more Muslims take their religion seriously whereas most Christians do not.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
16-08-2016, 10:04 AM
(16-08-2016 09:10 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I don't have much of a problem with the Quakers, Unitarians, Reform Judaism or the more liberal forms of Christianity, although I don't agree with their theology.

I have a passing acquaintance with Sikh philosophy and Ahmadiyya and Sufi Islam and think they're mostly okay. Buddhism is a total crap-shoot, with some harmful and cultish woo-woo in a lot of sects and some very useful philosophy in others (I favour the non-theistic meditative schools). Daoism is okay as long as it sticks with the Daodejing and doesn't wander off into syncretic Chinese folk religion nonsense.

Love the Hindu pantheon, but Hinduism itself seems a bit too conservative and restrictive.

And I do have a soft spot in My heart for heiðinn/pagan reconstructive polytheism, particularly Ásatrú.

Unitarians. Laughat Laugh out load Is that even a religion? I thought they got together mostly to chat about vegan food.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-08-2016, 10:11 AM
(16-08-2016 10:04 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 09:10 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I don't have much of a problem with the Quakers, Unitarians, Reform Judaism or the more liberal forms of Christianity, although I don't agree with their theology.

I have a passing acquaintance with Sikh philosophy and Ahmadiyya and Sufi Islam and think they're mostly okay. Buddhism is a total crap-shoot, with some harmful and cultish woo-woo in a lot of sects and some very useful philosophy in others (I favour the non-theistic meditative schools). Daoism is okay as long as it sticks with the Daodejing and doesn't wander off into syncretic Chinese folk religion nonsense.

Love the Hindu pantheon, but Hinduism itself seems a bit too conservative and restrictive.

And I do have a soft spot in My heart for heiðinn/pagan reconstructive polytheism, particularly Ásatrú.

Unitarians. Laughat Laugh out load Is that even a religion? I thought they got together mostly to chat about vegan food.

Well approach it like a postmodernist. Ask, what are the essentials of religion? What can you remove or change, and still have it be a religion?

Unitarian-Universalism is a religion in pretty much every way save the absence of a dogma. Whether that alone is enough to stop it from being a religion is a question of arbitrary semantics.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
16-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Only "joke" religions such as SubGenius or the Discordians.

http://principiadiscordia.com/

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
16-08-2016, 10:46 AM
I submit there is no such thing as the "Roman Catholic Church", (any more).
They are all different. Almost every single one. It's why Catholics "shop around" to find one they can tolerate, (even the Suscipe Dummy Knee crowd).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-08-2016, 10:58 AM
I respect no religion about which I know something. About others I care not.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-08-2016, 11:05 AM
This is a short list of the religions I respect:

1)...
2)...
3)...
4)...
5)...
[Image: 85a0ce43f227404352b3bff0a3d14348.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 7 users Like SYZ's post