16-08-2016, 11:27 AM
RE: Religions that you respect
None. Fuck all of 'em. Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
16-08-2016, 12:14 PM
It's hard for me to respect any religion since I can't respect any belief that requires blind faith in order to feel comfortable having answers to all the big questions without any evidence.

I can understand respecting Buddhism and Judaism because they don't actively go around trying to convert people or shoving their rules into the general law of the land they happen to live in, they seem perfectly fine keeping it to themselves which is admirable but I can't respect anyone who would raise a child in their religion and basically indoctrinating them. They should be allowed to make their own choices once they are old enough.

I just know so many theists say they are theists because they were "raised" that way, oh really? So if you weren't raised that way you would be an atheist or agnostic, that's kind of depressing. It's ok to admit you don't know for sure God exists or karma or an afterlife or reincarnation or whatever, just be honest, until they can truly do that they don't deserve respect.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
16-08-2016, 12:27 PM
If you can point me to a religion that doesn't promote irrational thinking, I might be able to muster up some respect for it. I haven't encountered one so far. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
16-08-2016, 12:28 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2016 01:01 PM by Leo.)
(16-08-2016 09:40 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  The topic of his thread is which religions do you respect and which religions do you hate ? From my perspective all religions are bullshit. But I don't think
all religions are the same. Some are dangerous , violent and poisonous. The religions that I respect or that I don't have a problem with them are : Buddhism , Judaism , Jainism and Easter orthodox Christians . The religions that I can't stand are ; the Roman Catholic Church , all Protestant denominations , Islam , Scientology and Hinduism( Hindus caste system is ridiculous and destructive to people ) . I can't comment about oriental orthodox Christians because I don't know much about them.

I can't respect mysticism in any form. The one I hate and despise the most though would be Islam. Christianity is wrong and dangerous in its way but Islam promotes force against non-believers. Christianity uses force to to convert but it is a threat that one must accept on faith. Islam promotes violence in this world, not in one to come after death. Also many more Muslims take their religion seriously whereas most Christians do not.

I agree , Islam is the worst religion. Christianity is bullshit but not all Christians are the same. Eastern Orthodox Christians are about 300-350 million worldwide and between 5-6 million in the USA. Most orthodox Christians in the USA are immigrants or descendants from the first orthodox Christians immigrants. Some native Americans convert to orthodoxy. Orthodox Christians don't push their version of Christianity to others. That's why most people in the USA and in the American continent aren't familiar with this version of Christianity. I thought all Christians are the same but I was wrong. I know a few orthodox Christians and they are the coolest people you can met. I don't agree with their theology but I respect them. Is like the Jews , I don't subscribe at all to their theology but I respect them. Roman Catholicism is in my opinion the worst version of Christianity and Protestants are pretty bad too. I like orthodox Christianity art.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
16-08-2016, 12:37 PM
(16-08-2016 12:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If you can point me to a religion that doesn't promote irrational thinking, I might be able to muster up some respect for it. I haven't encountered one so far. Consider

Katra

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-08-2016, 03:18 PM
(16-08-2016 12:27 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If you can point me to a religion that doesn't promote irrational thinking, I might be able to muster up some respect for it. I haven't encountered one so far. Consider

Satanic Temple?
16-08-2016, 03:30 PM
(16-08-2016 03:18 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  

Satanic Temple?

I'm thinking yes, in the sense that there is no worship of a deity. Do they take collections of people's money? I don't have an in-depth knowledge, but the things I have read strike me as positive.
16-08-2016, 03:39 PM
I like Pastafarians and am an ordained member of the Church of the Latter-Day Dude aka Dudeism. All others are hokum.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post
16-08-2016, 04:13 PM
(16-08-2016 03:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 03:18 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Satanic Temple?

I'm thinking yes, in the sense that there is no worship of a deity. Do they take collections of people's money? I don't have an in-depth knowledge, but the things I have read strike me as positive.
I was under the impression that they're a satirical religion, much like Pastafarianism and Kopimism.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
16-08-2016, 05:11 PM
(16-08-2016 04:13 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 03:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm thinking yes, in the sense that there is no worship of a deity. Do they take collections of people's money? I don't have an in-depth knowledge, but the things I have read strike me as positive.
I was under the impression that they're a satirical religion, much like Pastafarianism and Kopimism.

They're... kinda on the borderline, and it's possible to approach its core elements, values, and mission quite seriously. Many of their outward ceremonies, rituals, and symbols are designed to provoke and troll Christians, but dig down a bit deeper under the surface of the metaphors and many of them can be meaningful in their own right.