Religions that you respect

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: Religions that you respect
(16-08-2016 08:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  The topic of his thread is which religions do you respect and which religions do you hate ? From my perspective all religions are bullshit. But I don't think
all religions are the same. Some are dangerous , violent and poisonous. The religions that I respect or that I don't have a problem with them are : Buddhism , Judaism , Jainism and Easter orthodox Christians . The religions that I can't stand are ; the Roman Catholic Church , all Protestant denominations , Islam , Scientology and Hinduism( Hindus caste system is ridiculous and destructive to people ) . I can't comment about oriental orthodox Christians because I don't know much about them.

If you think eastern orthodox is a benign religion I'm guessing you haven't read any of the posts by pasadi97 Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-08-2016, 05:35 PM
(19-08-2016 07:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(16-08-2016 08:37 AM)Leo Wrote:  The topic of his thread is which religions do you respect and which religions do you hate ? From my perspective all religions are bullshit. But I don't think
all religions are the same. Some are dangerous , violent and poisonous. The religions that I respect or that I don't have a problem with them are : Buddhism , Judaism , Jainism and Easter orthodox Christians . The religions that I can't stand are ; the Roman Catholic Church , all Protestant denominations , Islam , Scientology and Hinduism( Hindus caste system is ridiculous and destructive to people ) . I can't comment about oriental orthodox Christians because I don't know much about them.

If you think eastern orthodox is a benign religion I'm guessing you haven't read any of the posts by pasadi97 Big Grin

Pasadi97 isn't a Eastern Orthodox Christian. I asked him several times about the Orthodox Church and he refuse to answer . He doesn't know a shit about Eastern Orthodox Christianity. He is simply a poor troll.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
19-08-2016, 05:51 PM
(19-08-2016 05:35 PM)Leo Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 07:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  If you think eastern orthodox is a benign religion I'm guessing you haven't read any of the posts by pasadi97 Big Grin

Pasadi97 isn't a Eastern Orthodox Christian. I asked him several times about the Orthodox Church and he refuse to answer . He doesn't know a shit about Eastern Orthodox Christianity. He is simply a poor troll.

That's interesting thanks for letting me know I stand correctedBig Grin
19-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Wicca, Norse heathenry,, basically the neo pagan religions are okay with me. Except odinism and wotonism, because Nazis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes ricepudding12's post
19-08-2016, 08:54 PM
[Image: EmptySet_L.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-08-2016, 08:58 PM
(19-08-2016 07:18 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  Wicca, Norse heathenry,, basically the neo pagan religions are okay with me. Except odinism and wotonism, because Nazis.

Nazis are subverting Asatru. Just saying. And calling Asatru "pagan" is a joke, since xtianity borrows elements of other religions, then shamelessly calls them "pagan".
19-08-2016, 09:00 PM
(19-08-2016 08:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
[Image: EmptySet_L.gif]

I see that and raise you { }. Hmm. My empty set doesn't seem to be as big as yours. Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
20-08-2016, 07:09 AM
(19-08-2016 08:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 07:18 PM)ricepudding12 Wrote:  Wicca, Norse heathenry,, basically the neo pagan religions are okay with me. Except odinism and wotonism, because Nazis.

Nazis are subverting Asatru. Just saying. And calling Asatru "pagan" is a joke, since xtianity borrows elements of other religions, then shamelessly calls them "pagan".
Nazis have a million and one beliefs when it comes to religion. If that's the case every damn thing that has European tradition is being subverted.

What is the meaning of paganism?

20-08-2016, 09:44 AM
(19-08-2016 08:58 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

Hmm, subverting how? Just a general notion or do you have specific sources?

Many Asatru prefer "heathen", but pagan and neo-pagan are also used now and then - sometimes in a more derogatory way, but that's mainly when hardcore reconstructionists accuse somebody of being too eclectic or associated with new age movements...
IMO it's more relevant how communities lable and understand themselves and how they perceive those terms, than some past hypocrisy associated with said term.
Some Asatru actually seem to prefer those terms exactly because they imply an opposition to Christianity (even if that opposition was originally defined by Christianity).

Edit: Sent from phone
20-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Sikhism. Sikhs are ok - lovely people - they don't give a shit whether anyone believes anything or not. Not preachy at all. They live by the notion that "we're all in this together, equally" and really have their shit together about that. Sikhs reject claims that any particular religious tradition has a monopoly on "absolute truth", including their own. They pretty much believe there's a ubiquitous god and that's that.

They also make great food and like to make sure no one goes hungry. I'm very cool with that. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein